Battle Forum Rules. (IMPORTANT)

Battle forum rules:

No freeposting:

-Before battle verses are posted or both battlers have posted their verses.

-If you aren't casting a vote - do not post at all. Your post will be deleted. (To keep threads clean from unnecessary chit chat)

-And Do not make a thread unless someone has accepted your call out.

-If the battle doesn't start within 3 days or call out is not responded to (in the call out section) - The thread will be removed (Battlers have to start deciding on deadlines).

-No shit talking as well - if you are not an active battler - your threads/posts will be deleted.

No bit.ching

-From now on: Battlers are not allowed to "comment" on a voters 'opinion' until the battle has been voted to a conclusion - the only post the battler will/should be making is to up for more votes are to make sure the thread doesn't fade away without being concluded.

No dick riding:

-Newbies are not allowed to vote on battles unless they are currently in a battle (To avoid dick riding)

-If you feel that someone is voting against you for some petty reason - feel free to send a pm to any of the mods and we'll be able to assist as much as we can, take note that we'll assess the problem with an open mind.

Voting made easy:

-Common Battle Categories:

Punches

Personals

Multies

Flow

Metaphors/similes

Wordplay

Creativity/Originality

It all begins with understanind the categories - Avoid voting if you are not sure about something.. It complicates things.. And do not front like you know something when you don't - you "punishing" more than yourself by doing that so please ask someone first..

Punches:

Cleverly executed "disses" incorporating all/most components of a battle verse, namely: Metaphors, wordplay and nameplay - Directed at mocking/demeaning your opponent..

Personals:

Self-explanatory

Multies:

Rhyming more than one syllable.

Flow:

self-explanatory

Metaphors:

Comparisons without like or as.

Wordplay:

Self-explanatory

Creativity/originality:

Self explanatory.

Newbies are not allowed to vote on battles unless they are currently in another a battle. Commenting/freeposting happens after battle votes are concluded.

Please follow these rules and we'll all get along just fine. :wink:

If you have anything to add or do not agree with something.. I'll leave this thread open temporarily for discussion.

Peace

Comments

• 26 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    BRAVO!! BRAVo!! BRAVO!!

Most interesting lines:
    no bit.ching

-From now on: Battlers are not allowed to \"comment\" on a voters 'opinion' until the battle has been voted to a conclusion - the only post the battler will/should be making is to up for more votes are to make sure the thread doesn't fade away without being concluded.

So many bit.chez around here,yeah and those who think they could delete such posts are the original bitchez of the forum we all know that:wink:

Any way is said so,so battlers Beware!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    i support this. best of luck with the enforcement sikes!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    Thanks Intel.

Any suggestions/comments?

I need all/most of you to respond so we can make these rules official.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    Look like nice ground rules. Vigilance is always the key to any process ... so be vigilant!!

As an added side note (and this goes to the battlers) :

- if you really want to win some battles ... bounce ya arse over to soundclick find an instrumental to "key/spit' to then include a link to that instrumental for the voters. You'd be surprised how well peeps can follow that. Plus, it will help you with your audio!!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
    niinii
    edited October 2007
    Man.. thts Weed nah i mean Dope...

Nice work u doing sike..but i hope the fire dont die out..cuz the mod job sometimes get boring..

but u got my/our support so hopefully things wld work out nice..

peace..
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    [quote name="Sike"]Thanks Intel.

Any suggestions/comments?

I need all/most of you to respond so we can make these rules official.[/quote]

be firm with your rules but dont forget, we still need a active body to have a set of rules to enforce... happy hunting ^__^. find us members!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    thats wat im talking bout..deeym..dope rules :wink:

hope we all follow them rulez

ONE!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    HA HA. they made u mod? that's good. u forgot to add imagery, u know this is textcee, imagery is good as a category too.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    [quote name="apopyalips"]HA HA. they made u mod? that's good. u forgot to add imagery, u know this is textcee, imagery is good as a category too.[/quote]

Just because you specialize in it.:wink:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    Good work my man..Sike.

I agree with the rules, especially the NO shit talk ones :wink:

I'm gonna be paying some close attention to the forums sumtime this week, hopefully 2morro night.

wanna start a full cleanup process. I'll Liaise with you on that later.

Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    [quote name="linkris"]I'm gonna be paying some close attention to the forums sumtime this week, hopefully 2morro night.

wanna start a full cleanup process.[/quote]

Yeah Bro...Nice one... :idea:

To many birdshit on here :arrow:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    [quote name="Sike"]

-Newbies are not allowed to vote on battles unless they are currently in a battle (To avoid d*ck riding)

[/quote]

WHY?

So it now means newbies kinda engage in dick-riding alot...Hey some of these newbies are kings and pros in some other lyrical sites.So I think the rules should be a lil bit loose on them if you want AHH to grow.

So if a newbie is not called out to battle,he can't vote on some other battle?

I used to think we want more voters on battles.

ONE!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    [quote name="Ghostic"]
    [quote name="Sike"]

-Newbies are not allowed to vote on battles unless they are currently in a battle (To avoid d*ck riding)

[/quote]

WHY?

So it now means newbies kinda engage in d*ck-riding alot...Hey some of these newbies are kings and pros in some other lyrical sites.So I think the rules should be a lil bit loose on them if you want AHH to grow.

So if a newbie is not called out to battle,he can't vote on some other battle?

I used to think we want more voters on battles.

ONE![/quote]

Because people make multiple aliases so they can vote for themselves, Linkris was once robbed like that, I won't mention names. but yeah, It happens..

So in order for a newbie to vote on other battles - he/she at least has to have one recent battle on the site. (AND THAT'S STILL A BIT TOOOO LENIENT)

Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    welldone SIKE~~im feeling ur dedication on this~~keep up the real work :wink:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    real serious rules

it's in da army any way love ya dedication but stop deleting at will cos to me you r over usin ya powers given to you as a mod

but still if this rules r followed it'll be betta

so keep up wit ya devoted work
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2007
    [quote name="coldflamez"]real serious rules

it's in da army any way love ya dedication but stop deleting at will cos to me you r over usin ya powers given to you as a mod

but still if this rules r followed it'll be betta

so keep up wit ya devoted work[/quote]

I'm deleting the freeposting.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    Man, Threads are getting showered with all talk and no action again, haven't been here in a while, But I'm back now - full swing, beast mode!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    [quote name="Sike"]Man, Threads are getting showered with all talk and no action again, haven't been here in a while, But I'm back now - full swing, beast mode!![/quote]

one thing you gotta understand bro, people got shit to do.

take it how you want, but remember, that's a fact. you'll see how your life'll change once you have a career

and shit to pay,when you gotta pay for where you stay,pay for clothes,pay for everything...and goals to achieve,and dead-lines to meet...

whole different ball game homie!

Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    ^ u got a point, it's like some people don't have anything better to do :? beyond the net... damn shame
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    sike, plz just check how u being hypocritical with your posts above bro... come now
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    i bet my post are gonna be deleted
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    Man, I've got shit to do as well - I've asked to be taken off as a mod a couple of times because I'm not here as much I should/could - even when I am on here - I don't feel like moderating because I've got other commitments.

So I ask to be taken off as a mod once again - I won't be doing anything here from now on: even if you don't decide to take me off - I've done my part, people judge me for everything I do (which is expected) - I just hate it when people don't appreciate my efforts to make this a better place.. So Take off my mod powers. I'm done here...

Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    [quote name="Sike"]Man, I've got shit to do as well - I've asked to be taken off as a mod a couple of times because I'm not here as much I should/could - even when I am on here - I don't feel like moderating because I've got other commitments.

So I ask to be taken off as a mod once again - I won't be doing anything here from now on: even if you don't decide to take me off - I've done my part, people judge me for everything I do (which is expected) - I just hate it when people don't appreciate my efforts to make this a better place.. So Take off my mod powers. I'm done here...

Peace[/quote]

Sup man...nobody judging you and fuck people who dont appreciate, i know the feeling bro.

I just wanted to point out something to you,that's all. I neva said you dont have other commitments,

that was not the point.

I hoped that you wouldnt take my comment as a personal hit, cause that was'nt the intention.

PM me if you seriously want your mod powers removed, this time i wont ignore your request,

so take your time.

Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    [quote name="linkris"]I hoped that you wouldnt take my comment as a personal hit, cause that was'nt the intention.

PM me if you seriously want your mod powers removed, this time i wont ignore your request,

so take your time.[/quote]

Never took it personal man, I'll send the pm now.. :roll:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2007
    ahryt man...

deletin all this free-postin now

Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    Due to the increasing number of open battles without votes it is important that we assume a new rule.

Before setting up a battle, make sure to vote on atleast 1 other pending battle and then post the vote link in your battle. This way we get to ensure that battles don't become as boring as they have, lately, with winners never being declared.

Thanks!