FEMALE EMCEES NEED UPLIFTMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yo,

i wann know what y'all think about havin fememcees around you.

its really :( that we gotts so much talent out there and a lil somethin is wrong

i been hangin wit some male emcees since my first days of hip hop and being around them has made me confident enough to represent for my fellow women anywhere i find myself at. funny thang is dat everywhere i be, i'm the only fememcee around!!! whoa!

so this is a call out to y'all my women, to come out here, so many extra microphone we gotts up in ere. dont be scared, we gots enough fo olayo too , i've always dreamt of a day we pack the podium delivering some ish, just to prove we could do that too.

so if you gotts any suggestions, you hit me back righ now, holla

Soulflo_holic

[/b]

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2007
    I been hangin wit some male emcees since my first days of hip hop and being around them has made me confident enough to represent for my fellow women anywhere i find myself at. funny thang is dat everywhere i be, i'm the only fememcee around!!! whoa!
    Aint the only one girl. Been hanging with male emcees since i started spitting, and these

cats, though i've never told em, have helped me understaned hiphop even more and

have made me a beta emcee than i was four years ago. Though it make feel a bit good

been the sista emcee around the cats, i believe it would mean a lot to have more sista

emcees in a cypher compared to jas wen u all alone. At least now that i'm on campus i

aint the only female emcee coz theres another tyt sista who also holds it down, now instead

o been one, we now two.

on the real, would be real somethin if we could jas hook up a female hiphop movement.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2007
    on the real, would be real somethin if we could jas hook up a female hiphop movement.
    [/quote]

now here we go!!!

sup gurl, great thing you replied me, wow! Concrete, i'm havin mad love for dis er' ts all good.

so ok..you are in BYO, representin Hip Hop Royalty, say wha?! and i'm here in H, do you ever get to come here? i've never been to BYO it sounds crazy but i havnt been there.

so how we gonn hux up and maybe chit chat bout establishing the syndicate, i'm putting my 3 cents right there :wink: . i will send you e-mail they maybe do an arrangment, aait.

Keep it right therrrr
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2007
    oh, i think it'll be more appropriate if i pm you
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2008
    WEll big ups to both ya'll sisters for discussing this very important topic. I know i'm a year late.. LOL... but i still gotta holler at ya'll.. hope you still around...

I been rappin with niggas since i was 15, and now i'm 25. Everytime i scout for female emcees i am met with either a cold shoulder, or a disapointing realisation that she aint as tight as i was told.. its just coz she a girl.

Anyway I'm in joburg at he moment but had a studio and label (still have)in Harare... avenues to be specific.

I searched high and low for sisters to join my crew but couldnt find suitable candidates.

Anyway the point i am trying to make is that we definately need a platform for female emcees in africa, coz in the states they hooked up, even have their own site. Maybe u sista's would be down for helping me start 1. we could begin with even the website.. holla back.. check out the website i did for myself

http://www.iamblackbird.wordpress.com :D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2008
    I'm kinda uplifted as of now, checked da site out and i must say: itsa good thang you doing for yourself.

Yea, i'm down for anythang to uplift the sista emcee. Its high time we did stuff 4 ourselves.You say:
    Everytime i scout for female emcees i am met with either a cold shoulder, or a disapointing

realisation that she aint as tight as i was told.. its just coz she a girl.
    I feel what you say bout the whole cold sholda thang. You either get thoze from sistaz who think they too

tyt or from thoze who aint sure bout themselves or their skill. Sistaz who treat the other sista as competition.

We need to go past that whole -ish, coz nomatter how tyt the other sista iz, we still remain different in our

own way, and we will always possess something that the next emcee does not have, that is if we stay true to

ourselves. And again, no matter how tyt u think u are, there's so much to learn from the nxt person.

Bout da sistaz not been as tyt as u xpected: i think we tend to xpect too much and giv "cold sholdaz" 4 not gettin

our xpectations. I used to have that "she whack" mentality. But i've learnt to appreciate, share and listern to otha

sista. After havin spent time with other sistaz, i realized how much i needed to up my game. Now insted of

turnin away from the not so tyt emcee and givin her an ear and also sharin with her a piece of you, dont you

think she too will feel the urgancy to up their game. The sistaz i found to be whack 2years ago are now actually

givin me a reason to pull up my sox. i think insted o scoutin 4 tha tyt encee, we nid inspire and elevate the otha

to reach that level we consider to be tyt.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2008
    [quote name="Soulflo_holic"]
    [/quote]

now here we go!!!

sup gurl, great thing you replied me, wow! Concrete, i'm havin mad love for dis er' ts all good.

so ok..you are in BYO, representin Hip Hop Royalty, say wha?! and i'm here in H, do you ever get to come here? i've never been to BYO it sounds crazy but i havnt been there.

so how we gonn hux up and maybe chit chat bout establishing the syndicate, i'm putting my 3 cents right there :wink: . i will send you e-mail they maybe do an arrangment, aait.

Keep it right therrrr[/quote]

Now That's what AHH is all about.

Girls i need an on-line hug from both of ya.

and sorry for hopping in...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2009
    Wreck is a Zimbo?! Get out of here!

Yo, we stil open for the mixtape line up.. we need the ladies too
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2010
    Psalm One is a Hip Hop Artist with Rhymesayers Entertainment. She was born and raised on the South Side of Chicago, Illinois in an economically impoverished area.

Understanding that education is the key to success, Psalm went on to graduate from University of Illinois with a degree in Chemistry.

After graduating, Psalm One released her first commercial album, “The Death of Frequent Flyer” with Rhymesayers Entertainment.

Go to www (dot) psalmone (dot) tv

and hear a true female rapper