Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

WHO'S THE HOTTEST AT THE MOMENT.

edited October 2009 in Zimbabwean hip hop
    EY PEOPLE WHO DO U THINK IS THE MOST KICKIN RAPPER IN ZIM AT THE MOMENT?

PERSONALLY I THINK Q Rigga IS THE NEXT KINGPIN....WELL CLOSE TO THAT.

Comments

• 41 Comments sorted by
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      Metaphysics all day...Karizma kills it too
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      I think Q-Riggah got madd swagger!!! Kwekwe STAND UP! Well lyrically i dnt think he can knock Kingpinn like that, he has too much booty talk. Otherwise @ the moment i will put my homie Munetsi on the spot. After hearing the whole Muzukuru waGogo joint. I AM CONVINCED. Thank ue.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      GUYS TO TELL THE TRUTH 3/4 OF THE CATS I HANG OUT WITH DONT KNOW META OR KATA.....THEY DONT EVEN KNOW CHIWONISO IS HIP HOP'S 1ST LADY IN ZIM...SO I DONT THINK THOSE GUYS QUALIFY HERE...HATISATI TANYATSO VANZWA....
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      Batsie is right.Zim hop right now is in two.there the cats banging outside and then we have those holding the metal back home.now from outside thats where yu get yo Metaphysics,Begotten Sun etc locally yu have the munetsi`s .

they cracking and personally to put my head on the block i wld go with...........hmmmmm damn ya getting messed up now.cant think straight

ok Munetsi
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      batsi i think its just the same situation all over the woprld u have to lok for the good shyt if u a tru hip hop head there is so much material out there its your job to sift thru it like u just got put on metaphysics ryte google the hel out that name till u find more i think headz these dayz are lazy i got madd joints mad joints from zim just by hooking up with peeps os net going to the movement shop going to these studioz finding these cats and emailing them .. ryte now i hooked up with meta on myspace and hes gonna send me sumjoints for free u just not looking dawg ... if i were to put u on to this kat by the name of brother ali from rymesayers im telling u go get that dudes shyt cause its crazy its up to u to get thast shyt dont just say ah hes under my radar so hes not as hot as u say he his

try brother ali out check out the shadows of the sun album if anyone wants a link holla
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      @nigel yeah hook us up with a link wanna hear these cats
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      WEZ THE MOVEMENT SHOP LOCATED...AND HELL YEAH SEND US THOSE LINKS....

LET ME TRY OUT GOOGLE....LATER.

THEZ THAT OWN FROM KWE KWE I HEARD HIM ON THE STATION THIS MORNIN I THINK HE'S GOT HIS RHYMES IN THE RITE PLACE.....DAMN ITS TIME I DO SOME'N ABT MY FLOWS... :lol: :lol: :lol:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      Qrigga nice , he got some direction i appreciate that .......

Brother Ali ??? how he come into this discussion , yeah i know dude he mad nice but i cant put him in a dscussion wen we talkin bout zim rappers nway , imbabwe i aint had tha chance to skim thru evryone but wateva i gets i listen to , so far :

Kingpin - undisputed

Munetsi - right now aint noone fuckin wit him

Thot - boy got mad energy , guess tats ta difference wit someof us , ama lil bit too chilled :lol:

Cheetah - if boy can work on his lyrics , he olready got flow n swagger , though some will quickly point out he a swagger jacker :twisted:

Nemo - madd nice

Meta - he nice but he juss not ma cup of tea
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      I DONT KNOW HOW U'ALL RATE PROMETHEUS....BUT HE GOT MAD SKILLS....BEEN FEELIN HIM SINCE 2004...AND HIS NEW ALBUM IS DOPE.

OH YEAH..HAD FORGOTTEN MC CHITA....I LOVE HIS ENERGY HE HAD EVERYONE UP AND PLAYIN ALONG AT LAST SLAM...

I ALSO THINK SOOSH HAS GOT IT GOIN ON.....
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      Thot - boy got mad energy , guess tats ta difference wit someof us , ama lil bit too chilled
      phonte yu right.we somehow lack the energy man.

about Qrigga is he the dude who did this African track that i`ve been hearing on the station lately.if he is then ...i aint got shhit to say except that i feel`im
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      nigel is right, y'all sleeping on the good cats in zim, get informed coz theres brothers from zim who are doing big things, check out myspace.com/metaphysics for some meta tracks, you can also check out his vids (and some of Carlprit's) at http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=metaphysics, he recently uploaded this > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuCbJC3Kh88

you can also check out Karizma's vid on youtube > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWi-YbLg6Do, and there's also foretold @ myspace.com/youngforetold, i think he's the next big thing...get informed
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      munetsi rocks but its all about him why doesnt he do stuff that doesnt make his ego the focus of attention. :roll:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      i think metaphysics is the man
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      [quote name="shaurei"]munetsi rocks but its all about him why doesnt he do stuff that doesnt make his ego the focus of attention. :roll:[/quote]

ya has to use`em skillz in a different subject
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited September 2006
      shaurei.u a faggot for sayin gay sh&* like that.u aint kno sh$% about hiphop.i seen this kid rock.sun don't write rhymez and rocks nyce off the top.i mean, i seen him,kingpinn and chitah in a cypher.and like phon said noone's f567ing with him right now.he been sidelined by politics and e'thing.went to the lab with my homie for my recordin.heard his mixtape, think it's called phoenix.he got a track on that that's next to i salute you.that sh8* is diverse thun.think most cats are threatened by this munetsi cuz his freestyles sound better than the crap they take a year to write.no question q-rigga run midlands but from a world class MC perspective, mu's in a zone right now.chitah's aiight but mu's a beast and i bet 20G(revalued) he can eat that cat in his sleep.saw thought at book cafe, he deep.meta nice but all them other cats are young and got time to catch up.other than that i put my money on Zubz and Munetsi.a battle for the throne should be between em.allow me to re-introduce my self, my name is larry. :wink:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2006
      [quote name="larry bishop"]shaurei.u a faggot for sayin gay sh&* like that.u aint kno sh$% about hiphop.....saw thought at book cafe, he deep.meta nice but all them other cats are young and got time to catch up.other than that i put my money on Zubz and Munetsi.a battle for the throne should be between em.allow me to re-introduce my self, my name is larry. :wink:[/quote]

whoa...niggers are jus sayin wat they feel. no hateration. i felt the munetsi thing. but y he tryna be or rather sound like kingpin...otherwise munetsi is hot!!!! and as for the slam...i shall not speak. till next time hah hah hah.

can somebody upload shit from zim pliz.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2006
      batsi u fag wit a pipe up his rear for sayin gay shit like that.no one sounds like tonde.respect it bitch. :twisted:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2006
      hommie y u defendin ownz so much...let em do that by themselves. u startin to scare me.... plus all that fag shit, mann u beginin to sound like one. so peace before i blow ur stupid gay arse to nothin'ness.... peace mann....we too young for dissin games.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2006
      peace mann....we too young for dissin games.
      damn right batsie.

hey Larry slow yo roll man.no problem wit peeps having opinions.if yu feeling munetsi that dont mean cats aint supposed to say wat they feel.nobody has denied that mu is really sick but what these guys trying to say is he has shown to be onedimensional.yu want a cat that does cover different subjects.dont know if yu feel wat i mean

easy up wit them words dude.aint no need going on the rumble like that.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2006
      Word Up Ill and Batsi..Why does Larry want to take it personal...ease off bro..If you feeling Mu its aaight and if Batsi feels Kinpinn its all good..Why do you have to be emotional for nothing..get a life man...

N-wayz...I feel Metaphysics..no cat in Zim can match him at the moment..Talk bout your Begotten Suns,Q-Riggaz,Munetsi and all...but they cannot match my Metaphysics...lool....

Of course I am also 2nd to him....
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2006
      is it wrong for a nigga to say he's his own favourite rapper?

oh yeah and a super pause/no homo on this one right here:

"peace before i blow ur stupid gay arse to nothin'ness"

...i'm just saying
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2007
      i aint blowin my own horn, man i'm just sayin ya cats heard the half on me but u in for somethin patience !!!!!! children of the sun i will give u the light, trust me. oh and cape town i hope u ready December 2nd 07 i'm comin 2 ya live and direct. peace x3
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2007
      hey alken nemo how u doin! I'm in cape town, where u gon be on the 2nd?
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2007
      So fellas hip hop is alive.

Tell y'all what, you better watch out for this MC named DARK FACE. His local and his a bad ass mother f^cker. I also heard some new stuff (english) from Munesti his got it going on. I alway doubt if he could actually drop an english ryme. But y'all better watch out for Dark Face.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2007
      y u all aint talkin about female mcees i dont know....but jus in case u aint got your ears to the streets they are talkin and u know who the streets are talkin about? thez this lady out by the name WARGAMEZ...foget your dyces and all this one is mad real.....kungoshaya time yekuuploader some of the material plus zvoda varidzi vemagitare acho vabvuma... otherwise peace....
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2007
      stop talking bout ring if dont know the boxers, its obvious u got no knowledge on the who's who in rhymeland quick switch your dome lights on ask your favourite rapper bout me and if they dont know me educate that fool then post ya top tens or whatever and if u need proof e-mail me and i'll send u tunes free seeing as u be havin virgin ears.

1. Metaphysics

2. Alka-Nemo

3. Munetsi

4. Kyn

5. Upmost

6. Outspoken

7. Theme Elohiem

8. Specific

9. Herbie Dangerous

10. Zubz

got any doubts keep your eyes peeled and ears open

• Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2007
      [quote name="alka-nemo"]stop talking bout ring if dont know the boxers, its obvious u got no knowledge on the who's who in rhymeland quick switch your dome lights on ask your favourite rapper bout me and if they dont know me educate that fool then post ya top tens or whatever and if u need proof e-mail me and i'll send u tunes free seeing as u be havin virgin ears.

[/quote]

man come on if u blow yo trumpet so loud u gon lose your voice and wen we ask u wat the noise is all about u gon b speechless. these virgin ears are found on the streets if u want them to feel u. i'd rather be a virgin than call myself well informed and yet claim metaphysics rocks harder than all. come on people y do u worship that cat so much...m not sayin he is not hot but dont u all think he is too wu tang lyk...u know that whole freestyle with no order, nice punchlines and all but the average cat cant get half of what thunny is spitting.

CASE STUDY: wu tang is the baddest group out of rap but they not considered wen it comes to ratings coz their message didnt quite get thru, same thing goes for meta. big and pac are felt coz we all got their stories. same thing for jay z, he's almost commercial but we lyk him coz we all know wat hes spittin in them lines. same thing for our greatest of all time (GOAT) kingpin.

now my top 5 is lyk this:

1. Munetsi

2. Karizma

3. DKR

4. Maskiri

5. Major Players
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2007
      Wassup dudes,honestly its kinda hard to tell whos hot n whos not in Zim

What makes an Mc hot then ?How do you rate dif'rent cats who expresses themselfs dif''rently?

We know ZIMA is wack cuz they always mess up.

What we need is a urniversal criteria.

Munetsi is egotistical but we all love it.Ari kuitawo zvaanogona.

Personally i think its.........

Munetsi,ofcourse.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2007
      ok ok i know major players bling too much but they upping the game in that vanoita zvavanoda...so we may need catergories as u say..............my first catergory is:

COMMERCIAL APPEAL.

TYPE THATS APPRECIATED BY THE ORDINARY PERSON ON THE STREET IRREGARDLESS OF SOCIAL STATUS BLAH BLAH BLAH.

my winner here is.................................................

Mudiw...................no i mean MUNETSI.

if only he had more english trax and an album out, handi nyaya ndeye ku ita tek over the world starting with South Africa.