what's good this weekend?(event info)

any real hip hop goin down this weekend in jozi?

Comments

• 64 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    Naked nights, songwriters club etc for hip hop

CarfaX 3floors hip hop included lots of dj's R60 buckz b4 11pm

Emporers palace Blacks Only 3(comedy showcase) tickets vary from R120 upwards

keep me informed of were u gon be wud lik 2 meet sum1 from dis site :wink: :twisted:

Hey u never know maybe we'll hook up :wink: :wink: :wink: :lol:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2006
    YO FELLAS THIS WEEKEND ON SUNDAY THE 16th THERES A SHOW CALLED BATTLEGROUND ITS @ PROTEA NORTH PARK NEXT TO REASOMA HIGH SCHOOL'' IN SOWETO for the misinformed

ITS A SHOW DEDICATED TO BATTLES AND A FEW PERFORMANCES,, CATS WHO WILL BE PERFORMING..

HOOLIGAN

UNIDENTIFIED

G.K

SYEN

BLACK THERAPY

MBAZO

DOT COM
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2006
    might as well sticky this- we can use it for every weekend. everyone just post your gigs. still churning seething hatred for the british empire for hustling us out of a doggy fizzle dizzle performance in jozi- would have been clearly the hottest show for 2006-no doubt. that live band dude rolls with is ill nieces n' nephews.

and so in consolation.....

Kwani experience Freeeeeeeeeeee this sunday at 88(Norwood-jhb)- levi's vintage sundays. and tumi and the volume also freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee next week sunday...don't forget to check out splash jam first though.

peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    OK IF YOU DONT KNOW ABOUT BATTLEGROUND BY KNOW YOU MUST HAVE BEEN IN A CAVE...

THE SHOW IS HELD EVERY THIRD SUNDAY OF THE MONTH, @ PROTEA NORTH PARK IN PROTEA NORTH SOWETO JOHANNESBURG (NEXT TO REASOMA HIGH SCHOOL) , WE HAVE PERFORMANCES, BATTLES,GRAFFITI, B BOYING AND SOON BASKETBALL CHALLENGES...

THE NEXT SESSION IS ON THE 21st MAY (this month) FROM 1pm IN THE AFTERNOON TILL LAST PERFORMANCE (which is usually around 10pm)

MO INFO:UNIDENTIFIED: 073 353 4790

NO STALKERS PLEASE!!!

BEAUTIFUL LADIES WELCOME
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    Write4Gold graf competition (international) featuring crews from countrywide (MSE,WOA,SEC,FUK) and oorkant. B-boys and mcees too. DJ lineup- ready D, Sibot, KGB, redwood (idol hands) and German guests. this saturday at Carfax- TOMORROW!!!!

See the PLEASE BELIEVE ME thread for greater detail.

one...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    Tonight(12th May 2006)

Nile crocodile in PTA - somewhere on kotze street in sunnyside.

Ras, AQ, Thir(13)teen (apparently this is PTA's finest lineup) and a couple more unannounced emcee's.starts at bout 8 dono bout damage but worst case scenario should be R30

State Theatre's always happening every friday evening.corner Prinsloo and Pretorius in town, PTA.starts at bout 6 til bout 9-ish so u can catch the nile crcodile thing as well.lotsa emcee's kickin it.no entry fee
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    WE BRING YOU BATTLEGROUND SUNDAY 16 JULY 2006 @

PROTEA NORTH PARK,

PROTEA NORTH SOWETO.

SOWETO.JHB

ON THE DECKS UNIDENTIFIED,GS, EXODUS

8 BATTLES, 1 CHAMPION

LIVE PERFORMANCES and BATTLES

MORE INFO CALL UNIDENTIFIED 073 353 7490
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    But before all that, check out SOLE VISION at Songwriter's Club. Daytime Event- doors open 11am-18.00. This Saturday (20may).

FEATURING: Gini Grinith, Thabs, Soulah System, Third World, Breeze,BMP, Witch Craft & more...

And every Saturday thereafter

SUNDAY

B-connected

brought to you by the people that brought the SA hip hop summit (Guru) in 2005.

bassline, R20, from 10AM

link up with Hungary, Tanzania, and two other countries that are having the party at the same time. internet chat rooms open and more interactive fun

prokid, zuluboy, kwani experience, simphiwe dana.....

streetart, b-boys...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    Kast, R2d plz sticky this..it will save a lot of space as ppl won't have 2 start other threads jus' for the word on gigs :idea:

peace out :arrow:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited May 2006
    and as usual, i'll put you on Jozi... Me love you long time...

catch Africa day ceebrations in and around newtown...the whole weekend.

Catch soul Vision on saturday once again

if you're still up for it, check out slaaghuis this sunday, dont say i didn't tell you it sucks though

june 16weekend - its gonna be huge..just be in Orlando West, after all, that's where it all went down..dirty pigs...burn eternaly

plus

African Dope records is gonna be ripping Loaded 9behind carfax)- real estate Agents (sibot +marcus wormstorm), Blunted Stuntman etc. and as usual, the legendary Kenzhero

Durbs and CT, I got you...keep on the look out
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    O.K FINALLY ITS BACK....

WE BRING YOU BATTLEGROUND THIS SUNDAY 18 JUNE 2006 @

PROTEA NORTH PARK,

PROTEA NORTH SOWETO.

SOWETO.JHB

ON THE DECKS UNIDENTIFIED,GS, EXODUS,

8 BATTLES, 1 CHAMPION FOR THE MONTH OFJUNE

LIVE PERFORMANCES AND BATTLES

MORE INFO CALL UNIDENTIFIED 073 353 7490
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    Jozi

tonight: Bassline- wordsworth, Jonzi-D and Ben Sharpa (o Kaptin my Kaptin), R80

2morrow (June 16)-1. Black sunday Familia is back. catch the festivities at Orlando East opposite the stadium, all free- feat. Bhubesii,Gci1,ngwenya and First Born, DJ Kenzhero and a whole lot more

2. Orlando West- there's bound to be something. there should be a hip hop movie premiere, but i have no idea where exactly...and a party thereafter i think. check out the painting tht will be going on- huge ass wall

3. dope sessions at Loaded (behind Carfax)- R40 presold (at loaded)and R80 @ the door- catch Blunted stuntmen and a bunch of other african dope artists...it promises to be a cool night out

there it is.... I am your Pusha!!!!!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MrCMrC
    edited June 2006
    Yo i believe the Orlando West gig is on Vilakazi Str, Landmynz gonna be perfoming there. Come thru.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MrCMrC
    edited June 2006
    Yo i believe the Orlando West gig is on Vilakazi Str, Landmynz gonna be perfoming there. Come thru.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    What it is....

This weekend:

Yfm and Roacch inc- State Theatre- please refer to the appropriate thread for more

Sole Vision- now only once a month, as oppposed to weekly

@ Horror Cafe and NOT Songwriters Club- Newtown

Saturday 24.06.06

R20

Feat: Third World, Robo the technician and lots more

Remember its a matinee (daytime)!!!

Jyou know why 'ey call me peoples?? Cuz I take care of Jyo peoples....
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    30 June

Tonite: Moses Khumalo and The Newtown Three, Kwani experience, MXO @ Horror cafe, R40

2moro Nite: Party People By DJ Kenzhero feat. boogyman anf Fifi- all under the theme "Nobody listens to the music anymore-thy're too busy singing along

@ Roka (FKA Color Bar) Auckland Park, R40

Sunday: as we do every first sunday of every month... Splash Jam...Freeeeeeeeeee

@ Ebaleni Car wash-Orlando west- midday onwards
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    The sessionz PRESENTS HIP HOP,POETRY& COMEDY @ the nile crocodile, cnr meintjies and kotze (upper lever), sunnyside - pretoria, date: 18th July, time: 6pm till late, charge: R15. Artists: ROBO, GYPSY, NU-LEGENDS, BLACK SUNDAY, NTF,FACE, KEV,ANVILS,DJ BEAT OVEN, also B-BOYZ AND BATTLES. info@ 0726084381
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    yo kats iv made a new thread for this(event calander)!!! if u want me 2 cancel that thread and sticky this one just let me know!!!!

!P!E!A!C!E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    cancelled the new one stickied the old original!!!

!P!E!A!C!E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    For those who are uninformed....

BATTLEGROUND THIS SUNDAY..

@ PROTEA NORTH PARK PROTEA NORTH, SOWETO, "J YEYEYI" WITH LIVE BATTLES AND PERFORMANCES

WITH YOURS TRULY ON THE DECKS
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    Once again, this saturday- DJ Kenzhero is @ Roka (FKA Color Bar)- please see details on this thread of the last such event

R40 still, i think

more later

peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    w'sup fam!!!! loads of Uncaged Blessings to all ya'll....

MAFTOWN MASSIVE!

28 JULY 2006......POETRY COMPETITION @ MMABANA HEAD OFFICE.

TIME: 17H00 till fade.

THE COMPETITION IS ORGANISED BY THE NORTH-WEST UNIVERSITY CULTURAL OFFICE.

UN42N8LY REGISTRATION HAS CEASED! BUT BE THERE ANYWAY!!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    What up massive

This weekend hip hop wise in Jozi:

Sole Vision: On Saturday-daytime (13-18pm)

feat. Distant Cousins- (Hellskitchen)

Soulah System

Breeze- (Groundworks)

more to come...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    What up massive

This weekend hip hop wise in Jozi:

Sole Vision: On Saturday-daytime (13-18pm)

feat. Distant Cousins- (Hellskitchen)

Soulah System

Breeze- (Groundworks)

@ Horror Cafe NEWTOWN...my bad

more to come...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2006
    1.Oppikoppi- Northam (pretoria North) 3-6 august- R330- Lots of non-stop real music-

please see oppikoppi.co.za

2.Reherb- saturday 5 august- dont know what up this month, but take a look at last month's line-up below to get an idea I REPEAT, BELOW IS LAST MONTH'S FLYER- IT IS MERELY A GUIDE

Fire ent. Presents Reherb....8 July

9 AM till late @ Beirut Park, Cnr, Joe Slovo & Doris Dr- Beria

20 Live acts:

3WR

Free Nation

Black Box

Distant Cousins

Criminal

Deathkoud

House of War

Beirut Har Hertz

Hymphatic Thabs

Gini Grindith

U-Killa

Snazz-D

Disciple

Deeznuts

BMP

Kinsman

Days at 40

DJs:

KGB

Haus Fist

Sistermatic

High Hats

Nifty

Melanin

Events (frm 9 AM):

Soccer (4 on 4)- R20 p/player- win R1500

MC battles- win studio time

Basketball (5 on 5)- win R1500

B-boy battle

Graf expo by Curio

call 072 103 2288

072 196 1089

[email="QUE@702mail.co.za"]QUE@702mail.co.za[/email]
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2006
    just got confirmation from firee ent that the above event is taking place not this coming weekend but the weekend of the 12th. said either on the 12th or 13th..will keep you up on that.

the theme this month is JOZI vs PTA- should be cool...will confirm artists soon

I'm Your Pusha!!!!! Never Doubt it
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2006
    This weekend Saterday @ Orlando West Soweto >>SPLASH JAM SIX TO SIX of non stop Hip Hop ..with live performances and Dj battles .... 011 9875296 for dtails..during office hours
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2006
    What it do once again....

This Tuesday (Wedn. is a public holiday) @ Carfax

check out a celebration of women in hip hop in SA and the launch of the doccie 'Counting Headz'- themed similarly...all in celebration of women's month. The events and workshops are spread across three days (7-10 August) and takin place in the newtown precinct.please see the link below for more consice details.

on tuesday though catch- Sistamatic, C4, D-uneek,Kenzhero et. al @ Carfax- R50

http://www.africasgateway.com/modules.p ... c&start=15

Peace to your PUSHA...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2006
    Word Up All!

Thought I should pop by and tell you guys about tonight's gig happening at Carfax.

Here's the performance line up:

-Sisanda (5th Floor)

-Tia (Mc form Cape Town)

-Nosisi

-Bhlakroze

-Nicky

-Nthabi

-Fifi

-Cosmic

On the Decks:

-Kenzhero

-Sistamatic

-D-uneek

-C4

Starts at 19h00 till late & R50 gets you in.

Hope to see you all there.

Nuff Respect :wink:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2006
    THIS SUNDAY SOWETO PIMVILLE COMMUNITY CENTRE CATCH 18o8 HIP HOP SESSIONS WITH LIVE PERFORMANCES BY ..

SMOKEY

DEEP SOWETO

ASYLUM TRIBE

BATTLECAMP

many mo

ON THE DECKS

ZAKES

MEDICINE

GS

FULL SKILLZ

UNIDENTIFIED

and many more