Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

Rules: READ BEFORE YOU POST (UPDATED)

Wudup fam...

Now that i'm a MOD, i'm hoping to finally lay-down some order in the spoken word domain... nothing difficult or strict - just some rules that'll help us appreciate one another's work and hopefully elevate the willing and passionate. So here it goes:

* TO RECIEVE FEEDBACK, you've gotta GIVE FEEDBACK. Please give your crit on at least 2 pieces before you post your own...

*Just because you don't like a piece, it does not mean you have to sleep on it. Give your opinion on where somebody went wrong and how they can improve. Your analysis is your own view and perspective, so there is no wrong answer.

* If you post a new piece on top of a piece with 0 feedback, i will block it. The piece below your new post has to have at least 1 post... make it happen if you've got to lol. If you want your piece unblocked, pm me a link to a piece you've responded to.

* As of Next week, there will be a POTW (Poem Of The Week) thread running. A poem is selected (by me :oops:) every Wednsday or Thursday to be the poem of the. The selected piece will be "Stickied" for an entire week (your time to shine) until a new POTW is selected.

These rules will be enforced as of next week.

Could everyone please abide by these simple rules, for respect's sake.

MuchLove fam :wink:

bless

Comments

• 52 Comments sorted by
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      well done on being a mod :!: :!: :!: the rulz are exactly wat we need :!: :!: :!:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      Eish...how does one become a MOD...sis, you guys are moving up the ladder and I am glad to be behind you all the way. I guess with you at the helm, we might get some meaningful poetry coming through. I suggest we also try to discuss what our influences are so that we can encourage each other to read widely and appreciate poets from all corners of the world. There are a lot of ideas that we can brainstorm just to keep ourselves in the spirit of poetry, forever...

Oh, I just lost Maya Angelou's complete poetical works. I just stood up at a restuarant and left it. Ya, now you know one of the people who inspire me...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      you do the damn thing u sexy girl
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      that's +ve. new rules are smthn to look forward to. gudluk with being MOD. u got my support.

peace.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      is all that classified under poetry???

poetry's poetry.

react if u're offended

RESPEK N PEACE
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      [quote name="THE CORE"]is all that classified under poetry???

poetry's poetry.

react if u're offended

RESPEK N PEACE[/quote]

there goes :::Coughing::: the whore always bring negativity everywhere he goes

look son thats what we need in this place cos nobody gives feedback on this forum shit thats why im reluctant on postin on here
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      That's the attitude I had in my head when I first came here brother Core. Good and powerful thing about this site is, guys give constructive feedback, they don't try to drag you down. Even on the battle sides you get feedback and you grow. Wanna grow your knowledge, better get your self some feedback. However if it not contructive, then it your decision.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      And Boggie bro. Na man that ish is cold and I don't think this' a right place to do it. I think here we humble. But, that my opinion. What ya have agains't the bro?
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      Nah me'n'The Core go way back in them battles...its all in good humor

didn't mean to tiff off anyone
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      I think the rules will place sum order around here....

just a question dou are rules made 2b broken he he ha

jst jokin AddictSoul sh!t i almost wrote AddSoul he he

dont mean 2 disrespect yo just kiddin
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      Supp Soul...gr8 one i see you pushin gurl n thts gr8...I think it's a wonderful idea tht people hve to comply wit...N one more thing..how about we get a FAQ Sticky page on Poems where Vets like You n Theme..Clockwise can sort of teach us a few thingz bout poems..so we elevate n staff you'll jst post it wheneva ya all free....Plz! n some encourage NEW COMERS 4 their work!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      Addictive soul
      * TO RECIEVE FEEDBACK, you've gotta GIVE FEEDBACK. Please give your crit on at least 2 pieces before you post your own...

Give your opinion on where somebody went wrong and how they can improve...

to echo Addictive, bantu let's give more feedback to each other's pieces,

to help each other highlite areas of improvment.

peace, one.[/quote]
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      [quote name="rhymetodie"]Supp Soul...gr8 one i see you pushin gurl n thts gr8...I think it's a wonderful idea tht people hve to comply wit...N one more thing..how about we get a FAQ Sticky page on Poems where Vets like You n Theme..Clockwise can sort of teach us a few thingz bout poems..so we elevate n staff you'll jst post it wheneva ya all free....Plz! n some encourage NEW COMERS 4 their work![/quote]

Great idea rhyme, but it would require alot more commitment than i can offer right now. I'm preparing for varsity at the moment, so there may be days in a row when i can't check in this place.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      [quote name="AddictiveSoul"]Wudup fam...

Now that i'm a MOD, i'm hoping to finally lay-down some order in the spoken word domain... nothing difficult or strict - just some rules that'll help us appreciate one another's work and hopefully elevate the willing and passionate. So here it goes:

*Just because you don't like a piece, it does not mean you have to sleep on it. Give your opinion on where somebody went wrong and how they can improve. Your analysis is your own view and perspective, so there is no wrong answer.

* If you post a new piece on top of a piece with 0 feedback, i will block it. The piece below your new post has to have at least 1 post... make it happen if you've got to lol. If you want your piece unblocked, pm me a link to a piece you've responded to.

* As of Next week, there will be a POTW (Poem Of The Week) thread running. A poem is selected (by me :oops:) every Wednsday or Thursday to be the poem of the. The selected piece will be "Stickied" for an entire week (your time to shine) until a new POTW is selected.

These rules will be enforced as of next week.

Could everyone please abide by these simple rules, for respect's sake.

MuchLove fam :wink:

bless
      [/quote]

it's good to be back

and im loving the new rules something thats been missing

im behind you all the way mama

much love

true bless

trusoul
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited January 2006
      alright A-Soul...my bad. However, if u do feel someone's verse or verses and u r inspired, u can key ur feelings, aiight? Neways, keep up da good work...u may delete my verse from Sid Green's history ... no lele!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      i just joined i wasn't really sure how the whole thing works and with ur new instructionzz they is light shine in my world. at list now i know how it all works u give some u get some just the way life ought to be.......and poertry ought to be life.....

peace to ya all....am defenatly gonna learn a whole lot from u guys.....this site is a defenate God sent...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      aiight yo. its all good.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      I like the rules. Good idea.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      [quote name="markedos"] However, if u do feel someone's verse or verses and u r inspired, u can key ur feelings, aiight? ![/quote]

^^No "lele" in that at all :wink:

Thanks alot for the support fam. I'm glad everybody feels me on this.

lets elevate :wink:

bless
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      I'm gunna make POTW. Not tryna be cocky or nothin just real confident I will some week :D
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      by what I've read I've really gotta work on material 2 hit that POTW goal
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited February 2006
      ^^ you can do it dawg :wink:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited April 2006
      I thin the time has come to put my foot down. We are not accepting posts that are sent knowingly over poems that have not had even a single comment on them. At least if you do not appreciate the poem, be honest enough and post that you are not feeling it. That is the whole idea. Otherwise I have resolved to delete such a post and have you repost it when you have been onsiderate enough to aknowledge other poets. It is not the MOD's job necessarily to comment on all pieces that come through because this forum is made up of a surplus of poets, so let us not be egotistic because this aint no battle forum but poetry, pure poetry. Let us help each other build.

:x Thank you
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited April 2006
      true to that!!!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited April 2006
      [quote name="theme elohim"]I thin the time has come to put my foot down. We are not accepting posts that are sent knowingly over poems that have not had even a single comment on them. At least if you do not appreciate the poem, be honest enough and post that you are not feeling it. That is the whole idea. Otherwise I have resolved to delete such a post and have you repost it when you have been onsiderate enough to aknowledge other poets. It is not the MOD's job necessarily to comment on all pieces that come through because this forum is made up of a surplus of poets, so let us not be egotistic because this aint no battle forum but poetry, pure poetry. Let us help each other build.

:x Thank you[/quote]

^^ I've gotta echo my blood Theme on this.

(So sorry for leaving you hanging brotha, life's really crazy right now... still tryna get my balance)

Finally found some time to log on, and i'm quite traumatised by the numerous posts that have been given only ONE response, if any at all... Wassup with that?

Fam, the rules we've put up are really not that challenging. c'mon. Things were going really well a minute ago... why are we slacking now? Please can we not compromise the high standards we've established.

bless
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited April 2006
      @A SOUL

nice seeying u again!!!(thought u left for good)

!P!E!A!C!E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 1
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited April 2006
      [quote name="antiklokwize"]Addictive soul

Give your opinion on where somebody went wrong and how they can improve...

to echo Addictive, bantu let's give more feedback to each other's pieces,

to help each other highlite areas of improvment.

peace, one.[/quote][/quote]

I wish people gave feedback on mine.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited May 2006
      THERE ARE STILL TOO MANY POEMS WITH 0 REPLIES BEING SLEPT ON. FAM, WE DONT WANNA GET NASTY, SO PLEASE GIVE FEEDBACK!!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited July 2006
      rules were made to be broken... :wink:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited August 2006
      NEW RULE:

I noticed that Serious Jokers Ent has posted more than five poems in just two days, which is sorta flooding the forum and also taking away alot of attention from the other poems...

Can we keep the number of posts per week down to a minimum of four?

This rule won't be enforced until i get my fellow MODs' back up, so holla back fam.

MuchLove