Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

fruityloops vs reason

which program is better?

Comments

• 31 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2005
    it depends on what exactly you want to do. i personally prefer FL studio cos i so a lot of sampling and i prefer the interface of FL which i think is more user friendly. FL's been played down for a while but you only have to listen to 9th wonder to know that its pretty flexible. that said, reason is also quite good in its own way and i have sometimes used its samples as a rewire client in cubase along side FL runnin as a VST instrument. so if it was up to me, i'd get them and learn to use both; it'll only make u more versatile!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2005
    cubase...is dope...

can u record on your pc your lyriks with FL.and RSN

how's the sound Quality...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2005
    I say frooty, don't like reason, its 2 complicated,

But I started with that, now I prefer frooty....!

Peace.....! :D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2005
    I Have to give up to Reason. Its amazing how people generally are afraid of exploring Reason to its depths. The sound Quality is a 9/10 for one. The number of things u can do and the sounds you can produce are infinite. And user friendliness? For me, it is like a charm.

U need to check out Reason 3. Its mind-blowing. All it takes is sitting down, understandong your workstation through reading certain things u dont understand, and then experimenting. Trust me, u wont regret!

One
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2006
    I Generally use Fruity for Vocal processing, drum computing n Synths for my beats but if i want a real unsynthd sound I rewire it with REason & use that instrument, redrum is also useful 2 but I mostly use Qubase SX for vocal recording and final arrangement & mixing its great :idea:

PS !!

Whoever says any Muz Production software is too Complicated obviously doesnt read the manual for reference :roll:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    fruity loops is great for sampling. you can just throw a loop in the slicer and sequence it easily

it doesnt really work all that well with external midi gear...

anything midi? reason...period. the STOCK sounds on there are just plain ill. i use it all the time for bass and such

but, of course, nothing beats an mpc...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    ahh can anyone send me a program of any good beat program
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    FL has a better interface, Reasons arangment is anoyin. u can do more with drums on FL like throw em on a piano roll and place drum sounds on demi temp and like 1/6 intervals. Sampler on Fl is sick u can manualy chop samples up and u can even edit the chops made by the slicer. Reason comes with dope drum sounds while FL ul have to sample or downlaod drum kits. over all FL. but in the end it depends on u and how u work.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    whats good yall.. nice forum.. so im reading what yall are saying about fruity and reason and honestly they are both good it just depends on the style you use to make your beats. i got fruity + reason= Fruson and thats cause i use fruity loops as da host and reason fo my bitch you feel me.. lol the sounds in reason are amazing i aint goin front. reason got way better sounds than fruity by far.. but ofcourse fruity is a way better sequencer.. so what yall should do is rewire reason to fruity, if you got a piano like me or midi keyboard (i use the Korg Triton Le) Play the sounds from reason into fruity loops usin rewire.. it records right to the Piano role :P i mean why waste your time learning something new when you could take from something else and make your music sound 10x better. with both of them combined you got so much more controle. like you got an unlimmited range of sounds and stuff you could use. If you use fruity you need to mess with the rewire functions cause using it will definatley benifits you in a big way.

catch me on myspace. http://www.myspace.com/orphess some of my music is on there that i made using fruity, thats before i started using reason and fruity togeather that is

Hollahhhhhhhh
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    I will go for Reason any day, but a combination of both is not bad. if u know how 2 use it well, Fruity is good for Sampling but not for all stuff, i think beats made with reason sound more real, unlike fruity beats that sound very Electronic
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    it aint fruity loops vs reason, they've both been left behind

check out ableton live 5 towering above them all - http://www.ableton.com

do your self a favour and give this thing a try -
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2006
    Yea i rewire live with fruity and reason.. its all about REWIRE!!!! get to know it!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    Fruity Loops is definitley killin Reason. Mainly because Fl is more user friendly. I play alot of intsruments so it is super easy, but I friends who dont play any instruments and they can use is with ease. Sampling and sound quality is so dope naw mean holla @ yo boi

allgenres
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    [quote name="miss_popa"]it aint fruity loops vs reason, they've both been left behind

check out ableton live 5 towering above them all - http://www.ableton.com

do your self a favour and give this thing a try -[/quote]

I dont wanna pay for this so could you hook me up with it?

thanks

allgenres
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    dude my I got FL n REASON but my roomate got the ABLETON software............n i tried that stuff, its is weak compared to FL, it just may have better / realistic sounds that comes with it but so does FL when u increase your sound library / add plugins to vary sounds, + the interface of the ABLETON is horrible!!!, FL will never be phased out, KANYE first used those to make his first hits, lotta producers that be big in the rap game still use FL
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    feel u OX. where u been anyways?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2007
    Ill go with Reason here. The reason FL is easy to use is it is not as in depth as Reason. With reason you can play around a lot more, with different sequencers, synthesisers, vocoders, geez theres so much too it. Oh and of cause the combinator.mmh. If you intend on getting your hands on some hardware Reason is a good place to learn how to use it. The VSTs are like real equipment. Plus you can do your own wiring if you like as well. I prefer fruity for the flanger and a phaser though, maybe the reverb as well. Fruity also samples easier.

PsiKOsys

OUT
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2007
    Reason is dope for mixing and sound engineering,while FL studio has got more instruments and giggs/effects than Reason.Fruity Loops is also ok for vocals interms of some special voice effects.I think Fruity Loops is better but Reason is more proffesional.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2007
    Sup gentz,can ne1 hook me up wit a manual 4 FL/the bible,iv been uzing it 4 a while now but there'z a lot of ish i stil don't kno,so beatmakerz help me out ? I wana Pro this madafucka...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2007
    [quote name="O'rfen"]Sup gentz,can ne1 hook me up wit a manual 4 FL/the bible,iv been uzing it 4 a while now but there'z a lot of ish i stil don't kno,so beatmakerz help me out ? I wana Pro this madafucka...[/quote]

ok,got it...peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2007
    people that say fruity loops is a better sampler than reason obviously haven't heard of recycle and Dr. rex, both magnificent reason tools.

that being said, I'm using reason in rewire with cubase sx, it works pretty well

check out

http://www.g-house.be

(currently under construction but there's a link to my soundclick music page which I can't remember :wink: -)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2007
    Its not even about the tools, its all about what you can do with it! each have their advantages and disadvantages so its down to maximising the pluses and limiting the nagatives. i fux with both. the wackest producer wouldnt do ish with the best gear in the world.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2007
    Reason & fruity loops have the same potential

The only downfall reason has is its practicallity

Reason requires more effort when creating beats whereas FL is extremely practical

The interface of Fruity makes it much easier to use

But reason 3 GB sound bank puts fruity's synthesizers to shame

Reasons effect loading is a long process whereas FL is a breeze

I suggest every producer get both of these programs 4 creating beats/vocal effects/scratch cuts

Cubase SX is ancient but very effective when it comes to recording

4 me though,i prefer reason,i've used fruity for 3 years
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2008
    fruityloops is ok if you know what your doing otherwise the sound, sounds to loopy or beginner like and it can be very obvious,U got to be carful with that. Althought it is a good program as a started program or to do basic beats off of. I have heard some people that have rocked fruityloops, you wouldnt even know the beats were done with that program.

Reason is a little more complicated but its a good program once you get use to it. you can get a key board and do almost the same sounds as a trition.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2008
    Here's my 2 cents:

I been using both Reason and FL Studio(before they officially called it FL Studio)for a good 3 years now,and i can tell y'all from a beat maker and audio engineer standpoint: FL Studio is the better DAW,period.

FL Studio's sequencer is without a doubt the best audio and midi sequencer out on the market,period.I've used almost 95% of all sequencers out on the market(including the ones on workstations),and FL Studios sequencer is still the most versatile,programmable,and visually balanced sequencer.Reason's sequencer?It's alright,but good luck trying to make 10 beats in a day without a midi-controller....

I disagree with the dude that said Reason has better Midi Controller support,yeah,Reason does recognize your Midi Controller and its basic knobs(volume,pitch bend etc)without you doing anything,but thats the exact problem;It's only good at recognizing the BASIC knobs and sliders...FL Studio does recognize the basic knobs and if you know how to program it,the software can recognize and properly map input from the more complex knobs and sliders.So if you know your stuff,you'll definitely see why its easier to get fl studio to 'learn' your keyboard than it is with Reason.

Reason has better stock sounds,no doubt bout it.But Reason does not have VST support,and in today's music age,this a VERY BIG no-no.The best sound and sample sources for digital music production lies with VST's,and Reason doesn't and won't be supporting the VST format for the foreseeable future.Think i'm trippin?Find me better sounds and mixing tools than the ones found in East West,Steinberg,and Waves,then i'll believe you.Good luck...

So yeah,Reason is a tad more stable than FL Studio(on PC's),but this is mainly 'cos it lacks a lot of other features FL Studio has,for example Direct recording,customizable interface,and Vst support.If you're just starting out with beat making,I highly recommend that you purchase FL Studio,Reason is great for stock sounds but without VST support,it loses its key advantage.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2009
    witch programs do fameuse repars such as The game lil wayne kany west fifry cent timbaland use does anyeone know is FL studio comperable
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2009
    I'm thinking they mostly use #1 choices Protools (P.C.) and Logic (Apple) and 2nd choice is Cubase
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2009
    FYI: you can use protools and logic on both computers these days -
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    bsrbsr
    edited June 2009
    reason or Fl....well it all depends on ya level of knowledge of either & of course ya creativity.

FL is frendlier....no "physical" cables clattering ya screen. well if u like the traditional way of working, Reason may be the way forward.

i have used the two softwares. they basically try to implement the basic principles of Music and Sound Engineering. as an example: Parallel Compression is the same jus that u need to read the manual n figure out how to mult the track in the mixer n then compress one, blend the compressed and uncompressed n maybe figure out how to avoid Plugin delay induced phasiness!!!!

basically what i am saying is that in this day & age all this software are blurring into a mess called: they are the same.

dont all this softiez floss with stuff like 32-bit float precision?

i normally concentrate on the techniques n then read the manual or consult other users in figuring how to implement it in the software i am working in!!!

pple have made great music without software because they applied certain creative and engineering principles that remain relatively static. somehow all the softwares tend to try to implement the afore said techniques. jus focus on learning the techniques n the open the manual of ya software n in less than 1 month u will be a walking FL/Reason bible.