Changed the forum look and system

As you have noticed we have replaced the UBB forum system at this site with a new one based on the PhpBB system.

It looks better, and there are some technical improvements such as:

-the use of a database

-and some other stuff which we haven't even figured out!

Tell us what you think of this, and if there are any errors showing up?

We tried to migrate all user names and passwords so normally you must be able to login here like you used to.

Comments

• 13 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    SO FAR SO GOOD, I STILL HAVENT EXPERIANCED ANY ERRORS. THE FORUMS ARE LOOKING GOOD, AND I THNK SOME OF THE PREVIOUSE TOPICS ON THIS GENERAL DISCUSION SECTION HAVE BEEN DELETED, RIGHT?

NICE WORK ON THE SIGHT THOUGH, YANI NI BOMBA!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    oooo yeeeaaa...this what I be talkin bout...lovin the new look yo nice nice nice :lol:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    It'll take some getting used to. Is it possible to arrage the topics cronologically like before?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    Nicely done Juma, feelin tha new look. Yeah I second that about the topics being chronological....but otherwise it's all good.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    Yes i think when migrating the old messages, the order may have changed... this is probably a bug in the moving script.

Let's see, the newly added messages will most likely be ordered correctly.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    kZAkZA
    edited August 2002
    i quite like it, but i was thinking...it looks less african and more western than b4, don't u think?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    Haven't been on here all summer, was surprised to see it up-dated again, but it's beautiful!! :D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    to KZA: the way it looks now isn't the final look... I will do some changes still when i have the time.

by the way what was so 'african' about the previous look? colors were about similar to this one.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    kZAkZA
    edited August 2002
    not on my screen...it all looks grey now (except for the 'emoticons' and the blue box things for new posts) i'm not complaining! it's just an observation...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    Just out of curiosity, who tha hell are you Juma4? and how come you get to make all the changes and do all the moderatin? is it possible for the rest of us "commoners" to get to the stage you are at?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    haha who the hell am i??

i am the person who made this site, who maintains it and writes many of the updates.

so i dont know what stage you want to be at? i could use some help... but its not always easy, in fact hard to get hold of news and stuff.

---reading again i assumed you are talking about moderating the forum? well i havent thought about it yet; what kind of work would u suggest on here?

:D 8) 8)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    that's what you are. Thanks Juma, what your doing is top notch activism.

Peace. :arrow:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2002
    here here