Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

never ending naija cypha...

Comments

• 1899 Comments sorted by
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      cbcb
      edited October 2005
      yeah, and for all them lost souls we pray on

the father above watch over their souls even as we still mourn

the tragedy that engulfed our nation on the 22nd of this month :cry:
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2005
      Hello everyone,

I'm new to this forum and am very impressed with the organization and information available on it. I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but I am in desperate need of one song: "Guitar Boy" by Sir Victor Uwaifo, I know that obifromsouthlondon had the song, but his website no longer works. If anyone happened to download the song, can they please repost it on this site. I been looking everywhere for it.

There is also another song that I used to listen to as a child in Port Harcourt I don't remember the group who sung it I just remember that the lyrics wents something like, "your mother told you not to play with fire...fire will burn you, fire will burn you." If anyone has heard a song that has these lyrics and remember the name, or even happens to have it, can they post it on this site, I would very much appreciate it.

This is a wonderful site for all Africans or anyone interesed in African music!

• Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2005
      I burt into tears like water fall when i heard abt the BRUTALITY :cry: . naH waooo After dat..I con Dry off my face and put smile to it when i hear say our fist lady don .............. :lol:

( R . I . P ) 1st Lady
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2005
      Triumphant-ly trumpet-ing my entrance on dumb net-ceez

As victories talley-up in amounts of the nth degrees~GwG seems to me,

to be the only thing I need in my veins blood stream...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      kytkyt
      edited October 2005
      We'r all over you damn screen/~sticking our flows up like a crime scene

Niggas we'r flowing like a damn stream/~while representing for our teams, and our boys/~like my nigga manoozy is representing for G-dub.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2005
      As we steady re-up on dope sounds~crowds freeze-up from our mic crowns/

G's up, Ho's down~no need for luck when we "raffle" you clowns/

To the ground~yo! kyt lets say we roll-up and smoke a pound...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      kytkyt
      edited October 2005
      ..to that dope sound/~we do this shit for fun, aint for no pound

class is in sesssion/~ niggas get ur notepads

We in the game and game's in us/~thats why we bless y'all niggas with the rhymes we bust
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2005
      lagos: the city i rep ~ most dissed but the home of the best

had to put it context and get this off my chest

like voltrons crucifix ~ obliterating the rest

spit ... nah! ef it ~ whos next can tell you the rest
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      kytkyt
      edited October 2005
      better yet translated as the town rewarding cats with paper

niggas politick in lag jus because dey won make am

she is like the hollywood of nigerian rap/~cats from all over come around to watch their paper stack
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited October 2005
      underground like those who back-pack with rhyme. un-earthed but still sound more elegant with mine, boy sure refined than these minerals your tv screens be serving you.

I live a life more than rhyme. pain with a pinch of your sis and a lump of your boo is the sort of attidude I have mixed in mine. I came to knock that wack shit outta you and bitch made brothas who r always quick to whine. speaking of which, i switch back to the brew in mind. I would settle for jin, but no thanks, after his little brota shit, I think my blend is fine. yo... so whose next to rhyme?
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      kytkyt
      edited October 2005
      kyt spark like nines/~live clean hatin a life of crime

fell in love with hiphop, a life of rhymes

so then nigga the knot was tide/~take hiphop as a wife from now till the end of time
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      RHYME CHEQUE

ILLIFIC SOLUTIONS Ltd presents RHYME CHEQUE the first ever international TALENT HUNT. An Audition platform that aims to discover and promote world class Hip Hop artistes from the shores of Nigeria, breaking them into the Hip Hop capitol of the World, The United States of America.We're searching for the best,We're searching for YOU!

Forms Available from Monday 17th Oct -18th Nov 2005,@:

WINGSONG LTD,2nd flr,# 6,Majekodunmi Str,Off Allen Avenue,Ikeja

GRAND PRIZE UP FOR GRABS!

A Brand New KIA Rio Car

2 year Record contract (An Album deal).

Work station / Mini Studio (Studio Configured PC/Mixer/Sound Monitors)

Your Mix tape Produced/Hosted by DJ TONY TOUCH

Full Promotion Package International/National.

Artistes Development package courtesy Illific Solutions Ltd.

Special Host/Guest

TONY TOUCH

Legendary Hip Hop Producer/DJ/ MC/

CEO Touch Entertainment;EMI Records.

One of New York’s finest...

amongst other notable Nigerian Hip Hop Celebrities /Personalities will be

among the panel of judges.

Get a ticket to your dreams for a meager N2,500 Audition fee. Cash in on this Grand career defining opportunity.(VIEW ATTACHMENT FOR MORE DETAILS) Or wite to [email="illific@yahoo.com"]illific@yahoo.com[/email] or call +234 802346 1949 for more details on the 1st leg of the audition taking place in Lagos.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      Its time to rewind back to the days~when hiphop was around the way//

Never staged~cliche'd thoughts freestyle'd with the fury of renegades //

Tributes paid to mic legends~until the day we meet up in heaven~GwG will hold down the fort~like true warriors united as lyrical brethren//

My badd...I kinduv went ghost on the cypher...but never-the-less lets keep the cypher strong! GwG~1~
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      ~I Got Dis Locked...evry second on my block anutha Dude is popped//

~Time stopped i see dis dude tryna run..but you legs aint faster than misiles comin out a Gun

~Stunned couldnt bliv...5.0 couldnt reprieve..left dat dudes mum to grieve

~its plainly seen like evryday in N.I.G...//
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      Streets weep on the daily~another seed bleeds and increase news ratings/

While new baby mama's are made~who lack finacial aide minus the savings/

Though money cravings got us all stuck~like rats on sticky pads for that quick buck~God be with us in our respective homes~around the globe/
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      i shatter your dream like pun/

ma world "am gone lock this game" must be james cos it's bond/

ain't non y'all can match the sons
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      [quote name="apopyalips"]i shatter your dream like pun/

ma world "am gone lock this game" must be james cos it's bond/

ain't non y'all can match the sons[/quote]

"...intent on leaving these weak arse niggas without moms".

It wasnt what she said, I ear it all the time. Its the way he bled that stuck to mind.

left in a coma for 9 months with shots to points why his head meets his spine.

Chaining gums like confederates to keep thoughts sublime.

Lincoln said to watch the outcome not the mouth run.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      kytkyt
      edited November 2005
      From north to the south son, we shine like the east's sun

give the cypher a little twist but return to where we came from

real niggas get their bigups while them wack cats get outdone
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      Seems like the outcome turns dead-ly~when the gift of true spits collide with melodies~Centuries of ancient scrolls is what I unfold with oral remedies~that heal weak thoughts into scabs~seems like my point of views cream whacks~Into states that simply equate to menu plates of potatoes mashed~u become considered fridays trash messin' with me~better yet its us...//
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      [quote name="Manoozy"]Seems like the outcome turns dead-ly~when the gift of true spits collide with melodies~Centuries of ancient scrolls is what I unfold with oral remedies~that heal weak thoughts into scabs~seems like my point of views cream whacks~Into states that simply equate to menu plates of potatoes mashed~u become considered fridays trash messin' with me~better yet its us...//[/quote]

i reflect ma intelect when i rhyme/ intensify ma strategy to make your whole city/ y'all know the signes "quit rap & join basket ball fast/ u spit alotta gabbage kai is bout to nab ya ass/ even if you're a terrorist cell u can't blow/ it's the don of this rap game taking on y'all dolo....
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      [quote name="apopyalips"]
      [quote name="Manoozy"]Seems like the outcome turns dead-ly~when the gift of true spits collide with melodies~Centuries of ancient scrolls is what I unfold with oral remedies~that heal weak thoughts into scabs~seems like my point of views cream whacks~Into states that simply equate to menu plates of potatoes mashed~u become considered fridays trash messin' with me~better yet its us...//[/quote]

i reflect ma intelect when i rhyme/ intensify ma strategy to make your whole city/ y'all know the signes "quit rap & join basket ball fast/ u spit alotta gabbage kai is bout to nab ya ass/ even if you're a terrorist cell u can't blow/ it's the don of this rap game taking on y'all dolo....[/quote]

With rhymes worth writing in Britanica~I'm prooving the best manifest from Africa/

Self-contained like a bullet filled canister~I hold my peace in the abscence of challengers/

Reppin' Naija more than a court filled with barristers~I dey beg don't force M to embarass ya.../
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      damn... leaving chumps with no show of spine or stamina

invoking reflections of A certian intellect left less in retrospect.

Like Christ I break bread for yours and you. But multitudes are called and chosen are few.

"Holding men with logs down with a spec" ...is just part of what I was called to do, so its on to you ...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      ...to regurgitate whats left of the swallowed pride~and inflict that passion in the spoken rhyme

Its the green-and-white pigment combination thats bring me mental invasions~similar to that of tie&dye liberations on~fabric

Opposite of static when colorful flows echo their way past the galactic~rapid never ending and well crafted~like Nth equations with no bracket
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      [quote name="Manoozy"]...to regurgitate whats left of the swallowed pride~and inflict that passion in the spoken rhyme

Its the green-and-white pigment combination thats bring me mental invasions~similar to that of tie&dye liberations on~fabric

Opposite of static when colorful flows echo their way past the galactic~rapid never ending and well crafted~like Nth equations with no bracket[/quote]

when i ryme de gods lisen

when i write,de streets oliver twisted

u can call me Charles Dicken

ma lines make ur rhymes burn slow

like i blaze nines,so don't wear ur watch

around me nigga i take time
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      when i ryme de gods lisen

when i write,de streets oliver twisted

u can call me Charles Dicken

ma lines make ur rhymes burn slow

like i blaze nines,so don't wear ur watch

around me nigga i take time
      While inclined is my position when I envision smoothe raps

With a "Dj's combo"-nation that leaves shows full of "shoe taps"

They say my soul is "Minstrel-Black"~the way I display staged views on you "cracks"...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      hush!! cant speak they got my phone tapped, my shows planned and two agents on my back.

but yo I could meet up after the show, so be sure to bring the stash. be behind the stage where the boxes are stacked.

To get pass security, ask to see Dej alias Black and slip 5 in his pocket.

Be sure to watch your back and stay heated, these minstrel show niggas cant think straight even if their gay instincts hesitated.

independent intelligence is something they lack
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      displease & watch me set it off from the east/ aimin straight to oversees/ no more fantacies reality is ma script/ writting cleverly precisely am deep/ call me teacher/ ma strike aftermath is like a nuclear winter/ leave u whack cats static like a remote control pause/ starting drama causing holocaust/ feeling no remorse/ i'll kick on any so called rapper door....waving fofo/ these bars lock u up like the popo/ mode 9's claim as a lyricist is a hypabole/ i ain't scared/ when am on the mic am dread like showkeys hair do..........

just playng around namean... apopyalips representing blackworld records.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2005
      I'm hearin' the crowds move~must be the needle thread rhythm, of the the flows encripted/ perfectly through~

The beats bass, placed with a satin touch on the treble's pace/now the space surrounding your earlobe

feels like a hypnosist's case~since you can't help but bop your "hateful neck"~now you're needin' a neck brace

Face the fact~GwG brings multitude of class-tracks/lets see who's next to relate...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      deldel
      edited November 2005
      whether having sex or dropping bars U dont want me to rip it

cos when i come millions of mini me's be scrambling sick

Fuck duckin for cover, I'm nuking motherfuckers

And if the bomb dont get U. The fallout gon get U

Dont even bother treating me special

Cos I dont accept favours unless they sexual

I gotta interject i'm straight

Cos when i say 'i take a nigga out' shit it aint a blind date

Just thot to contribute