CORRECT!!!

its a slang i want to make famous!

Jus like holla7 is so big in SA

so next time some1 says Howzat?

Jus say "Correct"

I'm fine sounds so ol

How r u? "correct"

How was ur day?. "correct"

i mean wit my classmates n friends n pple who know me around here its so big now...some even call me CORRECT!!!n pple r even starting to use it more often its cool...u should try it!!!!

anyway what do u think????

holla back!

Comments

• 14 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    cbcb
    edited May 2005
    sup dim

CORRECT man i feel u

hit me up more on holla7

one
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2005
    Correct my brother,Im feeling your flow
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2005
    Correct
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2005
    Yeah its CORRECT all tha way...

Come on make it famous~~

~~Correct~~
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    Correct ya`ll we feelin it
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    korrekt.thats what we use in germany since the 90`s.........
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    sounds very karamo.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    yo dim,in naija we don dey use CORRECT since like forever...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    but be warned that the seven is not universal to all hoods in SA. its just a fad now, cuz its on tv, so urbody puts up a seven...HOLA 7.Like, in my hood u'd get smacked putting up a 7, as in hola 7, cuz we generally put up six (ziwa ngo sikisi). it generally depends wher most cats in your hood fall under when they inside (jail) cuz its all part of that prison number system. cats in my blocks are mostly 26s, so we mostly put up 6, as in correct, sharp, with both hands, and rock italian flags on the rides... just to let 'em know.

see i'm educatin u cats...get with the originz.

Umlazi...Durban South...what

peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    and that's where correct comes from too, the 26 sign, which means the word has een around for decades. that's the thing about SA slang, its timeless...our dads used some o dat iish when they was runnin from the police and runnin game.correct was mostly used in kwazulu though, durbs.i remember it from when i was small. a more recent but still old synonym is MOJA.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2006
    yo melanin thnx for the Lesson on ur own "correct" history...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    Correct ma Kruger. Madoda kasnawani.

Guys, that's no ordinary slang. It prison gang code. And in some places they can slice your ass for saying that kinda ish. So, correkt ndoda, but be sure of where you are when saying so.

And, to lift your seven up, like melanin said, you can get beaten or even sliced. 7 Is a prison gang, from the 27s, they specialize with sturbing people or just blood. They have to slice somebody every 7th day. It's like a gang retual.

In South Africa, people die for using such codes. If you think I'm lying, why do you think commercial cats don't mention these things when they rap. They know that prisoners are watching in jail. And they know that they may find themselves into shit someday and have to pay for their wanna-be gangster attempts. Prisoners rent televisions too. E.g. there was a documentary, whereby the prisoners in uMtata, Jozi, and Cape Town said they will catch ZOLA, from spreading the wola seven ish his doing. They said he has taken they symbol and made it something for the kids who don't even know what it's actually means, which is true, if you know about the history of South African prison gangsters and their reason for being there.

This is due to that those who are either in the 24, 25, 26, 27, or 28 gangs have sworn with their lives to join and stay in the gang. Some have lost eyes, ribs, penises, knee caps, or are straight crippled, just for the number codes.

So my advice, use your prison gangster codes, but watch where you use them cos you may find a fucked-up angry gangster who can slice you like there's no tomorrow.

Correct. :!:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2006
    [quote name="Beesting"]So my advice, use your prison gangster codes, but watch where you use them cos you may find a fucked-up angry gangster who can slice you like there's no tomorrow.

Correct. :!:[/quote]

korrect bro inombolo can get peoplez as$z into trouble.but iintsizwa need to stop leakin it to young kids
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    0z0z
    edited July 2006
    [quote name="dim-star"]its a slang i want to make famous!

Jus like holla7 is so big in SA

so next time some1 says Howzat?

Jus say "Correct"

I'm fine sounds so ol

How r u? "correct"

How was ur day?. "correct"

i mean wit my classmates n friends n pple who know me around here its so big now...some even call me CORRECT!!!n pple r even starting to use it more often its cool...u should try it!!!!

anyway what do u think????

holla back![/quote]

owned

but man, Correct's been used all over, I've lived in many hoods and they all use the same word(s)

correct, grand, spruce, duidelik, nca etc etc...