REAL HIP HOP(pls join the movement now)

edited February 2011 in Nigerian hip hop
It is time we go back to the root.i mean real hip hop,the era of commercial shits are over,people are not feeling it any more,thanks to hip hop heads like MODE 9,M.I,PHEROWSHUZ,OD,TERRY DA RAP MAN,SAUCE KID,GINO,MFKID,YOUNG TEDDY AND OTHERS who kept the game on till now and have taken naija hip hop hop to the next level,so pls join the movement.good music is goodmusic.let's go back to the real hip hop ....

Comments

• 44 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    Lemme know ur hiphop playlist or artist u listen to, so i'll try to get how real ur hiphop is. (dont take dis d wrong way)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="hilaryjumbo"]Lemme know ur hiphop playlist or artist u listen to, so i'll try to get how real ur hiphop is. (dont take dis d wrong way)[/quote]

Dayam ... can't resist!! Fuck ya playlist ... as if that shit defines hiphop!! Donsaint's shit is real cause he say it's real! He standing in the hiphop sweetspot ... you standing in yours. What make hiphop raw is the convergence, the divergence, the evolution, the revolution, etc ... dayam ... hiphop defies and cuts across all boundaries. And dayam the definitions people keep trying to tie it down to. Examples, to name a few .. Boy George, Phil Collins, the Isley Brothers, Parliament is hiphop like a mufucka, !! They on ya list!!?? Hell, you ever listen to Bilal? Hiphop is kinda like running down the main street with a flaming torch, and touching off flames to other torches big and small and taking a little of the fuel/fire they have too. Catz trying to define shit ... hiphop is like a wall but neverending and unscalable. If you try to refine the definition ... you only fuck it up and stymie it's innocence!!

Do ya shit!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="41Trippa"]
    [quote name="hilaryjumbo"]Lemme know ur hiphop playlist or artist u listen to, so i'll try to get how real ur hiphop is. (dont take dis d wrong way)[/quote]

Dayam ... can't resist!! f*ck ya playlist ... as if that shit defines hiphop!! Donsaint's shit is real cause he say it's real! He standing in the hiphop sweetspot ... you standing in yours. What make hiphop raw is the convergence, the divergence, the evolution, the revolution, etc ... dayam ... hiphop defies and cuts across all boundaries. And dayam the definitions people keep trying to tie it down to. Examples, to name a few .. Boy George, Phil Collins, the Isley Brothers, Parliament is hiphop like a mufucka, !! They on ya list!!?? Hell, you ever listen to Bilal? Hiphop is kinda like running down the main street with a flaming torch, and touching off flames to other torches big and small and taking a little of the fuel/fire they have too. Catz trying to define shit ... hiphop is like a wall but neverending and unscalable. If you try to refine the definition ... you only f*ck it up and stymie it's innocence!!

Do ya shit!![/quote]

hey wut dealie, u talkin about bilal? have no idea who occupies ma list. do u know muddy waters, david grant , jackie graham, duke ellington, bahamedia, do u even know the people in the native tongue posse? so dont come here talkin about re-defining and shit... Peeps like soulja boy or lil wayne who defined it to a stupid approach are definitely far from wut hiphiop represents... I was only interested in knowing if he understands the essence of tru hiphop . . . In the words of Charlie tuna fish of Jurassic 5 "wen fake niggas die they are forgotten like broken ornaments but the real brodas pass on, they presence is pernament" I WOULD NEVER RE-DEFINE MA HIPHOP TO SUIT BONE HEADS IN THIS COUNTRY!!!

And pls WTF is the divergence and the convergence of hiphop?? get ur facts right dude, one
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="hilaryjumbo"]
    [quote name="41Trippa"]

Dayam ... can't resist!! f*ck ya playlist ... as if that shit defines hiphop!! Donsaint's shit is real cause he say it's real! He standing in the hiphop sweetspot ... you standing in yours. What make hiphop raw is the convergence, the divergence, the evolution, the revolution, etc ... dayam ... hiphop defies and cuts across all boundaries. And dayam the definitions people keep trying to tie it down to. Examples, to name a few .. Boy George, Phil Collins, the Isley Brothers, Parliament is hiphop like a mufucka, !! They on ya list!!?? Hell, you ever listen to Bilal? Hiphop is kinda like running down the main street with a flaming torch, and touching off flames to other torches big and small and taking a little of the fuel/fire they have too. Catz trying to define shit ... hiphop is like a wall but neverending and unscalable. If you try to refine the definition ... you only f*ck it up and stymie it's innocence!!

Do ya shit!![/quote]

hey wut dealie, u talkin about bilal? have no idea who occupies ma list. do u know muddy waters, david grant , jackie graham, duke ellington, bahamedia, do u even know the people in the native tongue posse? so dont come here talkin about re-defining and shit... Peeps like soulja boy or lil wayne who defined it to a stupid approach are definitely far from wut hiphiop represents... I was only interested in knowing if he understands the essence of tru hiphop . . . In the words of Charlie tuna fish of Jurassic 5 "wen fake niggas die they are forgotten like broken ornaments but the real brodas pass on, they presence is pernament" I WOULD RE-DEFINE MA HIPHOP TO SUIT BONE HEADS IN THIS COUNTRY!!!

And pls WTF is the divergence and the convergence of hiphop?? get ur facts right dude, one[/quote]

Hmmmfphh ... need I say more? Read your post. You hang on who isn't representing "wut hiphiop represents" as if to say .. you have the blueprint, and therefore can state who is/isn't hiphop. I listed the artists because I'm 100% sure even if you listen to them or ck their actions ... you won't consider what they do and who they are as hiphop. So, you work so hard to put yourself in a box and drag others into it that you "stymie" the process that give life to what you do. Open your eyes, open your mind and "don't think" for a second!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="41Trippa"]

Hmmmfphh ... need I say more? Read your post. You hang on who isn't representing "wut hiphiop represents" as if to say .. you have the blueprint, and therefore can state who is/isn't hiphop. I listed the artists because I'm 100% sure even if you listen to them or ck their actions ... you won't consider what they do and who they are as hiphop. So, you work so hard to put yourself in a box and drag others into it that you "stymie" the process that give life to what you do. Open your eyes, open your mind and "don't think" for a second!![/quote]

NO DISS BUT LIKE BLACK TOT " U aint sayin nothin".. word!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    I hate it when niggas think that their personal definition of hiphop is the ultimate!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    LOL at the thread..Donsaint has started his non sensical thread for 2010.How come we aint even heard his songs?? even online? no diss but this thread is RETARDED. Word for the wise...don't argue with fools 'cos people from a distance can't tell who is who!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="Isotope"]LOL at the thread..Donsaint has started his non sensical thread for 2010.How come we aint even heard his songs?? even online? no diss but this thread is RETARDED. Word for the wise...don't argue with fools 'cos people from a distance can't tell who is who!![/quote]

advice is seriously noted!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="Bracciali"]I mean a real hip hop genre with Grandmaster Flash & the Furious Five backbone rythm - something that goes that way or atleast parallel .

I'm collecting and getting to knnow Indian true HIP HOP

I discovered two Indian Hip Hop so far that somehow is hip hop.

Right now am bumping Teddy Pendergrass and not b'cos he just passed away but I like his music..now that's Hiphop...lol

Moderator please dead this thread before I make an ass of myself and anyone who put up funny ish...am so LMAO

But seriously am bumping Teddy P

Midnight Hour's blog[/quote]
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="Isotope"]LOL at the thread..Donsaint has started his non sensical thread for 2010.How come we aint even heard his songs?? even online? no diss but this thread is RETARDED. Word for the wise...don't argue with fools 'cos people from a distance can't tell who is who!![/quote]

I always knew this idiot isotope is full of shit , i can see you are also insulting donsaint too, hmm . dont argue with isotope cuzz people would nt be able to tell the difference btw isotope and a fool.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    :lol:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    This is all too corny, y'all should talk about how to grow this revered artform of ours & stop the bickering pleeez!!! 41Trippa & HilaryJumbo misunderstanding theyselves & Africankings sounding like he's on some vendetta s**t. Isotope that was not neccessary too, allow for freedom of expression even if it seem stupid to you. C'mon guyz we're grown now aren't we?

*winks*
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="Aqbar"]This is all too corny, y'all should talk about how to grow this revered artform of ours & stop the bickering pleeez!!! 41Trippa & HilaryJumbo misunderstanding theyselves & Africankings sounding like he's on some vendetta s**t. Isotope that was not neccessary too, allow for freedom of expression even if it seem stupid to you. C'mon guyz we're grown now aren't we?

*winks*[/quote]

I aint gettin on anyone's freedom of expression wenit comes to music . . i just wanted to make an inquiry on what I think is necessary, cuz people who dont even know the half wen it comes to hiphop music always pose a front and talk stuffs like being "a hiphop head" or a havin "rap movement" . . u dig? And as far i'm concerned, if u r clouded wit terry G or bracket, it's ur biz and i aint hatin u for likin them but dont bring dat ish around me and call it hiphop. . . dats wut i was tryin to point out. And secondly d 41trippa dude was insulting me by askin who bilal was? can u imagine dat? even ma 13 year old sis bumps to his joint like it's nothin and dat was pisses off. . . peeps think cuz they a lil bit of sumffin then their tiny tots counts . . . the ledges associated with hiphop is endless and these cats shud have a bit of an idea about it before talkin bout "real hiphop" and wuteva they tag to be . . .THIS WAS WUT I WANTED TO GET FROM THE DUDE WHO OPENED THIS THREAD. . .se finis
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="Aqbar"]This is all too corny, y'all should talk about how to grow this revered artform of ours & stop the bickering pleeez!!! 41Trippa & HilaryJumbo misunderstanding theyselves & Africankings sounding like he's on some vendetta s**t. Isotope that was not neccessary too, allow for freedom of expression even if it seem stupid to you. C'mon guyz we're grown now aren't we?

*winks*[/quote]

I may or may not have stepped out of line but really like you said.."lets talk about how to grow"..this thread ain't doing that,he just came in here to drop poo and leave. Besides I really wanna hear his songs,I seriously wanna...I've been looking for his songs for a long time now and can't seem to find it anywhere online but I digress. I rest my case..everyone open nonsensical threads and live life...lol
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    HAHAHHA!!!!. Isotope, u my nigga for that reply man!!! !U made whole lotta sense, Nigga came to "drop poo and leave"!!! WORD!! LOL
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    Brother,i'm still here but not to run shit up in here.if u are looking 4 my songs then u should go back to 2003 when i drop my first album and won the best rap singles.what's ur profile back then.now i'm a Dj working with Silverbird/Rhythm 95.7.so u see the level...do ur own thing and close ur mouth.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    Ok..where are your songs?Please post them on line for us to hear abeg. If it's very tight,I will shut up. No be by force to say so and so are Real hiphop heads and others are not.Show and prove homey. Please only your works will set you free!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    Those dat r dere should help d upcoming Artist,cos u din't do itt alone.Double m Tha Rap Habalist(Proudly Nigerian) :!:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="Double m"]Those dat r dere should help d upcoming Artist,cos u din't do itt alone.Double m Tha Rap Habalist(Proudly Nigerian) :!:[/quote]

Please post up ya songs so we can hear
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    People like u don't go far,they spend all their time taking about other people.focus man and do ur thing.u are still young in the game...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    Brother this is 4 u.since u wanna hear my songs Pls follow this link and download a track 4r my last album 2008 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=9TKHN57V or u send me ur email so i can send it to ur box 4 u to download.this track was no 1 4 two weeks on Rhythm top 7 and it is not becos i work 4 Silverbird. Thanks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    Since everybody is posting up links, ama drop mine. www.reverbnation.com/ikslickbixf. Listen and learn how to rap!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    WHAT D FUCK WAS DAT MR. DON SAINT....I know i aint perfect with makin songs but at least there has to be a little of "ur hiphop" in ur flows and Lord the beat was appalling.....I was even considering given a little benefit of doubt but u just proved wut isotope said bout u....THAT SONG WAS NOT IT... From d hook to d flows to d beat had nuffin to offer

On d other Ik=slick, u really gat cool joints...I heard cant tell me nuffin and master mind....really nice.....though u really gotta let ur delivery come off smoothly (i gat d same problem too, so dont feel bad) apart from ur flows is nice and ur choice of beats show u gat a bit of hiphop in u unlike some peeps

I aint hatin on anybody, i'm just lettin out an opinion...I even gat a joint and it aint all dat as well, In short lemme drop a link asap

http://www.4shared.com/file/155138175/a ... erior.html

later... don saint u can get better if u stop deluding urself wit d silverbird thing and ik-slick, more power to em elbows
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    wanta check sth out? these are some joints from ma mixtape/compilation album. it is already out www.myspace.com/blackworldrecordsonline feed back needed. all em beats produced by me except mode 9 and decurians' jointz. enjoy.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    interesting, ppl will skewer u for having an opinion in this place lol...let me save my comments for another day..
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="hilaryjumbo"]WHAT D f*ck WAS DAT MR. DON SAINT....I know i aint perfect with makin songs but at least there has to be a little of "ur hiphop" in ur flows and Lord the beat was appalling.....I was even considering given a little benefit of doubt but u just proved wut isotope said bout u....THAT SONG WAS NOT IT... From d hook to d flows to d beat had nuffin to offer

On d other Ik=slick, u really gat cool joints...I heard cant tell me nuffin and master mind....really nice.....though u really gotta let ur delivery come off smoothly (i gat d same problem too, so dont feel bad) apart from ur flows is nice and ur choice of beats show u gat a bit of hiphop in u unlike some peeps

I aint hatin on anybody, i'm just lettin out an opinion...I even gat a joint and it aint all dat as well, In short lemme drop a link asap

later... don saint u can get better if u stop deluding urself wit d silverbird thing and ik-slick, more power to em elbows[/quote]

Hello...the link doesn't seem to be working over here but anyways...Mr Hilary- shud I still download it? ..am so LOL although kinda hoping Don saint doesn't fail but what the hell..lmao

As for Ik..heard ya joints..u will definitely get better if u keep on recording.Just keep doing it till it becomes 2nd nature
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    thanks hilary for the advice and thumbs up. i really appreciate it. I know am dope but Ill definitely keep improving.LOL. Isotope thanks homie. Ill check out all the links posted when i get on the pc.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="ik-sl!ck"]thanks hilary for the advice and thumbs up. i really appreciate it. I know am dope but Ill definitely keep improving.LOL. Isotope thanks homie. Ill check out all the links posted when i get on the pc.[/quote]

no diggidy mayte..... good lookin out

[quote name="Isotope"]
    [quote name="hilaryjumbo"]WHAT D f*ck WAS DAT MR. DON SAINT....I know i aint perfect with makin songs but at least there has to be a little of "ur hiphop" in ur flows and Lord the beat was appalling.....I was even considering given a little benefit of doubt but u just proved wut isotope said bout u....THAT SONG WAS NOT IT... From d hook to d flows to d beat had nuffin to offer

later... don saint u can get better if u stop deluding urself wit d silverbird thing and ik-slick, more power to em elbows[/quote]

Hello...the link doesn't seem to be working over here but anyways...Mr Hilary- shud I still download it? ..am so LOL although kinda hoping Don saint doesn't fail but what the hell..lmao

As for Ik..heard ya joints..u will definitely get better if u keep on recording.Just keep doing it till it becomes 2nd nature[/quote]

An advise, dont bother!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    not bad hilaryjumbo, heard ur tracks, keep elevating. heard ur tracks b4 slick, u know wat it is, keep honing them skills.

as for Don saint, for some reason my megaupload ports are blocked and i cant download from that site anymore, cant seem to figure out y, well if u could post the song on zshare or something that i can stream it from that would be nice, i really want to hear ur track 4 real.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="Xblaze"]not bad hilaryjumbo, heard ur tracks, keep elevating. heard ur tracks b4 slick, u know wat it is, keep honing them skills.

[/quote]

thanks mayte . .