SOULJAZZ presents 'THE RENAISSANCE THEORY'

[attachment=0]2.jpg[/attachment]

The SoulJazz is a hip-hop unit formed in 2004 and consists of Rhyme Masta Richy, G.A.B, Aqbar, Rapsom', MHP, Swarthy Soul and First Born Soulomon. It has been a call to duty promoting the true values of good music and the international hip-hop awareness movement which include knowledge, wisdom, understanding, respect, unity, peace, work, love, fun, art, science, life, truth, facts, faith, etc.

A lot of songs have been recorded since then(2004), recorded albums put aside for different reasons mostly financially though but I'm proud to announce that we have finally gotten to that point. Yes people! That point! We have an album done and its called 'The Renaissance Theory'. An 18 track CD plus a bonus track, this album is 'strictly' for Hip Hop lovers only!

Just so u know what we are all about and the kind of music we do, check out the following links:

http://www.reverbnation.com/souljazz

http://www.myspace.com/souljazzfam

The complete album would be available shortly in a matter of weeks. We're in the printing process...but...enough said...just WATCH OUT!

PS. We've also shot a video for the first single which is called 'Proof of Ownership'...and I would drop a link shortly. Hold on Fellas!

Comments

• 33 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    Damn, i cant wait for the album drop. Tot SITH (Soul In The Head) was a member. Much love y'all. FINALLY THE ESSENCE IS BACK!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited December 2009
    [quote name="hilaryjumbo"]Damn, i cant wait for the album drop. Tot SITH (Soul In The Head) was a member. Much love y'all. FINALLY THE ESSENCE IS BACK!![/quote]

SITH(Soul In The Head) is Swarthy Soul.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    Nice.Nice and nice.This is tight.Heard the joints on reverbnation and am feeling 'em.The soul influenced beats and insightful lyrics.Its kinda on the mellow side which is something the music industry is avoiding.Everybody just wants to dance their sorrows away
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    y'all better let me get copies of the album and video too. i holds it down 4 my hip hop hunchos. i grind wiv soundcity blast and wld lyuv to do a review on this. hip hop gotta 2 grow sire! get at me on facebook facebook.com/xplizitsouljah

hope 2 hear frm y'all soon..... 8)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited December 2009
    [quote name="Isotope"]Nice.Nice and nice.This is tight.Heard the joints on reverbnation and am feeling 'em.The soul influenced beats and insightful lyrics.Its kinda on the mellow side which is something the music industry is avoiding.Everybody just wants to dance their sorrows away[/quote]

You definitely got that right bruv.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    MHP, nice one! Feeling the artwork too! Don't mind if you can send me any of the songs off this project to my e-mail addy ([email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]). Word!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    Although i gotta a problem wiv one of the member's delivery, actually the guy dat did the third verse (before aqbar, dont know his name) on "fallin in love ", he needs to up his delivery but apart from dat, y'all on point!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    fallin in love is below par in my opinion. Delivery wasnt that good. Am looking forward to the album though
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    [quote name="ik-sl!ck"]fallin in love is below par in my opinion. Delivery wasnt that good. Am looking forward to the album though[/quote]

pls may i know wut ur par is. Fallin in love is a classic, aprt from d dude i mentioned eryoda thin was very much ok. and one more question, do u know d song with which the chorus was sampled from?, if u dont then i rest ma case.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited December 2009
    [quote name="fecko1"]MHP, nice one! Feeling the artwork too! Don't mind if you can send me any of the songs off this project to my e-mail addy ([email="[email protected]"][email protected][/email]). Word![/quote]

Aiight man! I got you. Its jus dat I'm on some low bandwidth at the moment...and it is killing me. Have u tried the reverbnation link? We got 3 songs there...for now.

[quote name="hilaryjumbo"]
    [quote name="ik-sl!ck"]fallin in love is below par in my opinion. Delivery wasnt that good. Am looking forward to the album though[/quote]

pls may i know wut ur par is. Fallin in love is a classic, aprt from d dude i mentioned eryoda thin was very much ok. and one more question, do u know d song with which the chorus was sampled from?, if u dont then i rest ma case.[/quote]

Thanks man! Holding down the forte!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited December 2009

Well dats one dissatisfied customer.

PS: What about the other songs? U didnt like them too?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    Aint heard them yet, will drop some feedback on em today
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited December 2009
    [quote name="ik-sl!ck"]Aint heard them yet, will drop some feedback on em today[/quote]

Aiight then. Hop back in when u done listening.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    Heard these tracks on reverbnation before now and what i thought then was "It's not about doing rap, it's about understanding the essence of hip hop and understanding the elements of making soulful music" . You guyz know what you are doing and that's wasup....

The problem anyone would have with that said verse in Fallin in Luv would be the delivery.... cos i still can pick out poetics from the short verse and i'll still give it to the cat..... cos i love Flesh N Bone so much but 40% of his verses are always off beat...

All in All..... We are waiting for the album......

@Gemini

Holla @ your Boi..... IT'S ON
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    [quote name="sickdachruth"]

@Gemini

Holla @ your Boi..... IT'S ON[/quote]

yes boss, it's gem in the buildin. Yo sick, the movement is on. 1
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited December 2009
    Big Up!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited January 2010
    I been having problems uploading the video we did. I'ma keep trying tho'.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    I gotta say, SoulJazz is Superfly. MHP's awesome, and met with Soul some time last year. U guys should keep it coming.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited March 2010
    [quote name="Dr.Zinistah"]I gotta say, SoulJazz is Superfly. MHP's awesome, and met with Soul some time last year. U guys should keep it coming.[/quote]

Yippeee! Dr. Zinistah a.k.a. XYZ! U think I'm awesome? Thats it! He endorsed it! lol

Yo! Thanx for the hop in man! I'ma keep pushin'!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited March 2010
    I'm out of the group! I'm tired of carrying they lazy asses...I'm done!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited March 2010
    [quote name="MHP"]I'm out of the group! I'm tired of carrying they lazy asses...I'm done![/quote]

yo dawg . .wut it do.. wuts wiv d statement.....hope souljazz aint loosin it or something . . . .
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2010
    [youtube]
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited April 2010
    @ RQB: Thanx man!

Dats d video we did guys...chect it out. Got a lotta help from RQB of str8 buttah...he did d editing and stuff. Later
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited April 2010
    I saw this and you know what came to mind....Str8buttah. No disrespect I actually meant it as a compliment but this has that same feel from their old videos.With the proper management and all that industry mechanics-these guys should be able to break ground.It's just sad that Naija Hiphop is shadddddddddddddddddddy..lol. Nice vid..grimey as eff and the lyrics are way up there!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited June 2010
    so nobody else saw d video?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2010
    nice vid. where u at in the video?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited June 2010
    [quote name="apopyalips"]nice vid. where u at in the video?[/quote]

Second verse
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2010
    Cats are gettin busy ...nice lense handler. MHP, u dudes go hard indeed!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2011
    Have no fear the RENAISSANCE is here!!!

The wait is over. Below is the link to the album:

http://www.4shared.com/file/UucuESP8/So ... ory__.html
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited August 2011
    Where are all my hip hop heads? This album is a must get! Trust me. And its totally free! I'll say it again...trust me on this one.