Jay Z Blueprint 3 Discussion

I been looking forward to BP3 for like a year, and it's almost here! What's everybody think it's gonna sound like? Old Jay, or something innovative, like him re-doing his style again or something? I don't know, I just wanna hear some Hov!!! Can't wait, what you all think?

Comments

• 21 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2009
    The album leaked two days ago and I've listened to it. The Blueprint 3 is THE SHIT! There's some old Jay on it but like he says on the first track "What We Talkin Bout" (ft Luke Steele): "people keep talkin bout "Hov, take em back"/I'm doing better than before: why would I do that?"

I'm loving this album and it has great joints like "A Star Is Born" (ft J.Cole) on which he called Andre 3000 "the male version of Lauryn Hill" and J.Cole, Roc Nation's first signing chimes in with a crazy verse! Kanye and Jay on "Hate" is another sick joint, as is "Off That" (ft Drake) and "Empire State Of Mind" (ft Alicia Keys). You will shit yourself when you hear this album!

It's definitely a "Reminder" of how great he is: "ten Number 1 albums in a row: who better than me?/Only The Beatles; nobody ahead of me/I crushed Elvis in his blue suede shoes/Made the Rolling Stones seem sweet as Kool Aid too/...back to back, double plat: I did what you won't/men lie, women lie: numbers don't..."

Although it may not get a 5 mic rating, it sure is worth the wait!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2009
    If you're in the NYC area you gotta check this out... Jay-Z is doing a benefit concert for the New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund on 9/11/ at MSG. All proceeds from tickets will go to that benefit fund. Fuse is going to be airing the concert live AND giving away tickets. http://www.fuse.tv/ontv/shows/jay-z/sweeps.html

Gonna be a great concert. Can't wait for BP3!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2009
    I liked Blueprint 3. That being said, I think Jay-z could have made a better album given his talent and resources. I would have liked to seen him choose a theme/topic and make a complete album that flowed well together. It sometimes seems like the album is a bunch of great singles pieced together when I listen to it rather than one album... Kid Cudi's album and Raekwon's OB4CL2 are good examples of what I would have liked to have seen!

BTW, did anyone watch the VMA's last night and see Lil Mama walk on stage with Jay-z and Alicia Keys!!!?!?!? omg that was ridiculous!

Jay-z needs to get better stage security!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2009
    [quote name="hiphopatlunch"]I liked Blueprint 3. That being said, I think Jay-z could have made a better album given his talent and resources. [/quote]

well, like i thought, he'll never do enuff huh? well ur opinion though, in a way i feel u. But he did what ur saying on American Gangster, that album had a general topic, jay-z's hood life in juxtaposition with the movie american gangster. the album was so mature, thats the kind of music i like, scarface shit, he wasnt trying to impress anyone but himself, telling it like it is. that album couldn't be any realer, thats as good as introspection gets without missing the mark of entertaining. "people keep talkin bout "Hov, take em back"/I'm doing better than before: why would I do that?" See?

back to regular programme, the album is the SHT!! cosign my homie barstool.

from top to bottom, well made, mature braggadocio, this is not about bling or 24inches, this is not about money, dude loves this, this is about me making quality music cos thats what hiphop is supposed to be, "we dont pay the same taxes, how am i in the way? what is it i'm missing"!!!! 4 real. homiez need to chill.

like every other jay album, u need to listen at least 3 good times before u can actually judge, everytime u listen to a jay-z album, there's something new to appreciate, while i'm still listening, Venuz & Mars is killing it with all that wordplay, my shit.

"HOV, i gat my own lane already" Jay-Z. FCUK.

He actually did it, for real , "on to the next one"!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2009
    u folks love this guy
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2009
    [quote name="vnorm"]u folks love this guy[/quote]

Thats cos he's dope, show respect where is due, name one rapper Jay-Z hasnt influenced?? :evil:

we can argue jay from now till 2024, guaranteed u'll loose... :D :D

peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2009
    [quote name="Xblaze"]name one rapper Jay-Z hasnt influenced?? [/quote]

easy, blaze. in my opinion it aint like he invented the style. it already was with Big L and some other cats. He did make it popular, and props be given, he a good lyricist.

??
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2009
    [quote name="vnorm"]
    [quote name="Xblaze"]name one rapper Jay-Z hasnt influenced?? [/quote]

easy, blaze. in my opinion it aint like he invented the style. it already was with Big L and some other cats. He did make it popular, and props be given, he a good lyricist.

??[/quote]

word.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="hiphopatlunch"]I liked Blueprint 3. That being said, I think Jay-z could have made a better album given his talent and resources. I would have liked to seen him choose a theme/topic and make a complete album that flowed well together. It sometimes seems like the album is a bunch of great singles pieced together when I listen to it rather than one album... Kid Cudi's album and Raekwon's OB4CL2 are good examples of what I would have liked to have seen!

[/quote]

given his prowess he can do that but considering the fact that he's busy wit other ish,then u gotta excuse him alil bit,,he's a treasure in hiphop no doubt..my opinion folks
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2010
    [quote name="Xblaze"]we can argue jay from now till 2024, guaranteed u'll loose...[/quote] :roll:

[quote name="vnorm"]in my opinion it aint like he invented the style. it already was with Big L and some other cats.[/quote]

B.I.G too...infact Jay followed into Biggie's footsteps...I mean Biggie's style!

Jigga is a business*man...that's wat he is!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="Couzifer"]
    [quote name="Xblaze"]we can argue jay from now till 2024, guaranteed u'll loose...[/quote] :roll:

Jigga is a business*man...that's wat he is!!![/quote]

Big Pun : "Like Jigga, my flow is mental"

Eminem: "if i die, in heaven i'll be put beside JAY-Z"

First off, b4 jay-z became a business man, he was a hungry rapper, from one of the grimiest neighbourhoods u can think off, people seem to like u better if ur a broke rapper (still dont understand the rational besides that), guaranteed u may not like jay-z, but there is no way u cant respect what he's done in hiphop. there are some good rappers that i dont like, that i dont like u dont mean i'm hating, i just dont like u period. i dont have to like every good rapper. And Jay-z is the reason i started liking metaphors.

Did i mention he doesnt WRITE DOWN his lyrics?? oh.. :D
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    i personally dont believ he doesnt. Maybe he doesnt read out in the booth but not writing? I really really doubt that. :?
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="Xblaze"]Did i mention he doesnt WRITE DOWN his lyrics?? oh.. :D[/quote]

[quote name="vnorm"]i personally dont believ he doesnt. Maybe he doesnt read out in the booth but not writing? I really really doubt that. :?[/quote]

I have read / heard from couple sources that Jigga does it all mental...jus' like Biggie used to do...oh and Big L too used to freestyle on most of his tracks!!!

Jay Z is not one of my favorite rappers but that doesn't mean I hate what he does in Hiphop, I like a couple of his tracks but I wouldn't rock a Jigga album back to back like I do wit a couple other Hiphop gawds!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    [quote name="vnorm"]i personally dont believ he doesnt. Maybe he doesnt read out in the booth but not writing? I really really doubt that. :?[/quote]

yeah, i know, i used to feel that way too but its true. its actually not a freestyle cos it doesnt come from the top of his head but its all mental like couz, besides he's not the only rapper that doesnt write while in the booth, jadakiss does that sometimes, so does T.I., i actually know a rapper that does that, hes not even very good at freestyles but give him 10mins and he comes up with an incredible 16bars. So its not really that out of this world cos many other people do the same thing, they claim its easier for them.

@Couz, if u want to judge jay-z on ur own without all the Bullsiht people be talking, start from reasonable doubt, then life and times of shawn carter vol 1, The blueprint, and then we'll see how u feel then.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    BTW Reasonable Doubt carries most of my favorite Jay Z tracks; to mention a few: - Track 01 - Can't Knock the Hustle ft. Mary J, Track 03 - Brooklyn's Finest ft. Biggie, Track 04 - Dead Presidents II, Track 06 - D'Evils...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2010
    Say what you want about Jay-Z: a sellout, overrated, etc. but this you cannot deny: "Reasonable Doubt" is a top 10 G.O.A.T. hip hop album. If it wasn't for this one of the most controversial figures in hip hop wouldn't be making over 100 million Dollars a year. Hell no! The hungry version of Jay-Z is just amazing. DJ Premier on a couple of tracks, so you know the beats are blazing hott.
    Source - classichiphopaddiction.blogspot.com

...and Primo is one of my favourite producers I guess thats why this Jay-Z album carries most of Jay's tracks I like...
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2010
    Need not say more on this one...jus click n' listen...

[youtube]
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2010
    After 11 number 1 albums, you think 3 mins of saying someone elses line is anything? how about all the 70hrs of music and metaphors that jay-z said? please. everybody says eveyones lines in rap sometimes, check everyone elses. like i always say, you may not like jay, which is ok, but you will respect the dude.

There's no rapper today that does not recognize and respect JAY-Z, i mean any rapper breathing today, whether you came from the 80's, so that includes Scarface, Rakim, Slick Rick, and whoever that is alive today ok. Thats around the world. if you rap and u dont know JAY-Z, u aint started rapping yet homie.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2010
    [quote name="Xblaze"]everybody says eveyones lines in rap sometimes[/quote]I know...but I feel that Jigga overdid it here...*I mean you can make an album from all those other pple's lines he said if u' put em' together*...he got em metaphores n' all that but should he go around sayin' other pple's lines in almost every song he does?!...shit doesn't jus' sound original!!!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited June 2010
    [quote name="Couzifer"]
    [quote name="Xblaze"]everybody says eveyones lines in rap sometimes[/quote]I know...but I feel that Jigga overdid it here...*I mean you can make an album from all those other pple's lines he said if u' put em' together*...he got em metaphores n' all that but should he go around sayin' other pple's lines in almost every song he does?!...shit doesn't jus' sound original!!![/quote]

every song he does??? are u serious?

(just so you know, jigga ghostwrites for a lot of other rappers, including Dr.dre(still dre!! yes that song, and The Watcher, also Foxy brown, Diddy and host of others he wont even say.)

Jay-z is a lyrical beast, if you want, you can name any rapper and i'll show you how jay can go toe to toe with whoever. Honestly what is it that you guys hate about Jay so much?? this guy had a beef with 2 PAC for pete's sake!! you think pac beefs with rappers that dont matter???
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited November 2010
    that album couldn't be any realer, thats as good as introspection gets without missing the mark of entertaining. "people keep talkin bout "Hov, take em back"/I'm doing better than before: why would I do that?" See?

golf clubs for sale