THE SEQUEL (Listeners Lounge)

MHPMHP
edited October 2009 in Nigerian hip hop
Okay people. Now the thing is we talk a lot about other peoples material and now I suggest we talk about our own material. I been reading comments about the tape and everybody's saying how good it is and all...but seriously...where is our 'argument friend' bolaji?

If u ask me its a 5/10

Its an average.

Comments

• 12 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    The beats are phat, not the types easily found on an average hiphop album these days. Good lyrics, mixtape style. On the whole I think its a notch above the half mark.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    [quote name="MHP"]Okay people. Now the thing is we talk a lot about other peoples material and now I suggest we talk about our own material. I been reading comments about the tape and everybody's saying how good it is and all...but seriously...where is our 'argument friend' bolaji?

If u ask me its a 5/10

Its an average.[/quote]

lol MHP u crazy men ....i aint even gonna say nofing bout this cuzz the mixtape is alright. ..the beats are great ..its not the usual well known hiphop beats .. and i am extremely impressed on ur own production MHP, i think its about the best on mix. so my lil friend there aint nothing to argue about when the material is good already ...bring another controversial topic men. this one am just gon pass . for ur info i also make beats too u can check out my fruity loop tutorials for nigerian producers and hiphopheads on this site

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297032.0.html u will find fl remakes like bracket yori yori, eminem -whats the difference etc on there...

whats ur yahoo id mhp? stay fly dawg.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    Hahahaha...funny...the whole talk...period.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    places i've been is one of my favourite.

cool mixtape though 7/10
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    not sure i av hrd every bit of it. might av to ask mr controversial for it though. bolaji that is.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited August 2009
    [quote name="bolaji"]
    [quote name="MHP"]Okay people. Now the thing is we talk a lot about other peoples material and now I suggest we talk about our own material. I been reading comments about the tape and everybody's saying how good it is and all...but seriously...where is our 'argument friend' bolaji?

If u ask me its a 5/10

Its an average.[/quote]

lol MHP u crazy men ....i aint even gonna say nofing bout this cuzz the mixtape is alright. ..the beats are great ..its not the usual well known hiphop beats .. and i am extremely impressed on ur own production MHP, i think its about the best on mix. so my lil friend there aint nothing to argue about when the material is good already ...bring another controversial topic men. this one am just gon pass . for ur info i also make beats too u can check out my fruity loop tutorials for nigerian producers and hiphopheads on this site

http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-297032.0.html u will find fl remakes like bracket yori yori, eminem -whats the difference etc on there...

whats ur yahoo id mhp? stay fly dawg.[/quote]

Aiight bolaji. I get that but...u gotta gimme a number.

@aqbar: short but proper analysis...I'll take that.

@xplizitsouljah: get d tape, listen to it and drop a rating.

And where the big boys at? You dont want me going all crazy grand ma on y'all aiight! I know U heard the tape...so dont PM about how it is...drop it right here...yeah...or i'ma go to crazy-grand-ma-mode.

Uhuru
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited August 2009
    wia can i get d tape? somebody? anybody?? :?:
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    MHPMHP
    edited September 2009
    @ xplizitsouljah: here are two links...try any of 'em.

http://www.reverbnation.com/africanhiph ... eadscience

http://www.africanhiphop.com/africanhiphopdownloads

PS. Drop a rating when u done man. One
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2009
    Word to all my fellow emcees involved in this project - African Hip-Hip is here to stay!! Well, I've been spreading the mixtape file via the internet...my facebook friends on AHH can attest to that. Also, with help from my homie 'J-gillz', The Sequel has been getting radio promo in ABJ. I aint sleeping on this fam. Let's join the movement!!! Shouts out to Juma, MHP, The Zone Fam et al.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2009
    Word Fecko I see you...definately been putting in work! Its still doing its rounds and cats are still asking where they can download it from a couple of DJs this side trying to get their hands on it! Peace
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2009
    Lets come together...make some African noise- tight concept. Big ups Ik Slick & Bix F on the 'African Boy' joint. Fecko nice one highlighting the level of societal dysfunction (Another Day). Taking it down to Gaza mayn, lyrical warfare is neccessary. Al Kani (Gone Away) has got a dope voice, you know its mostly that sonny. 'To Be An African' gave me goose pimples. J-Rox, Thugga, Dope G & Verbal Assasin came thru' with finesse and mastery of the flow. Teckzilla's production...top notch! Cool one Nfeeltraita with the 'Live' track (I particularly like that name 'Nfeeltraita'). The Holstar & Krytic with 'Pure Love' is definitely worthy of mention too. Kyt's 'Floor Gates Freestyle' made me think of vinyl & listening to more s**t off it. Yo check, the quality gave the track a more hiphop feel...oh yeah. TK DaGreen you really brought it on the production of 'Well Well' by Sacramento (R.I.P man). That song crayzayyy!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited October 2009
    [quote name="Aqbar"]Lets come together...make some African noise- tight concept. Big ups Ik Slick & Bix F on the 'African Boy' joint. Fecko nice one highlighting the level of societal dysfunction (Another Day). Taking it down to Gaza mayn, lyrical warfare is neccessary. Al Kani (Gone Away) has got a dope voice, you know its mostly that sonny. 'To Be An African' gave me goose pimples. J-Rox, Thugga, Dope G & Verbal Assasin came thru' with finesse and mastery of the flow. Teckzilla's production...top notch! Cool one Nfeeltraita with the 'Live' track (I particularly like that name 'Nfeeltraita'). The Holstar & Krytic with 'Pure Love' is definitely worthy of mention too. Kyt's 'Floor Gates Freestyle' made me think of vinyl & listening to more s**t off it. Yo check, the quality gave the track a more hiphop feel...oh yeah. TK DaGreen you really brought it on the production of 'Well Well' by Sacramento (R.I.P man). That song crayzayyy![/quote]

Nice review, brah! 8) 'Places I've Been" is another deep joint off The Sequel. The floetry on that track was insane!! Hooked up with Grandsun and his clique 'The Faculty' at Club Rockaway recently. For real, The Sequel has a unique sound of its own. And it's a sick one!