Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Facebook Sign In with Twitter

In this Discussion

Most Popular This Week

AHH.com Mixtape (THE SEQUEL)

Hey! I been doin' a lot of thinkin' and I think its time for a sequel!

The idea is basically a copycat of the original mixtape!

Its gon' be up for free downloads but...I cant handle this on my own so...yo...all my producers, mceez, holla aiight! We got this!

Comments

• 231 Comments sorted by
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      great! you got my full support already.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      i'm on board its abt time!!!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      MHPMHP
      edited November 2008
      Thanx for the support Juma!

@mceeQ: u welcome man.

I got a couple of beats cooked up but...as I said...I cant handle dis alone. I need support from all y'all!

Now if u got access to studio time...and u can rap...no not rap...u can MC...come along! We got work to do!

I been thinkin of a name for the CD. lol

I'm goin' wit HEAD SCIENCE. If u got a better idea...jus drop here for all us to see.

@dagreen: I need u on this man. Holla!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      Yeah baby yeah! Am most definitely in. Cant hook you up with beats but i sure can spit. I got some amateur recording equipment, holla at me dude!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      You already know i've got your back. Holla. And any mc in the east can holla at me and i'll record your joint for the mixtape for free.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      Ps. I think i've got a joint i can spare for the mixtape. Come get it MH.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      nice! not as chanced as i was last time out but i'd definately hook some beats up...i think this time tho...the "spitters" should let us know what kind of beat they'd like...so we don't repeat what happened last time when so many beats went to waste.

all the best.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      Word. Are there any ph guys like dagreen willing to have cats record in their studios 4 free?
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      Sure! I'm signing in as an emcee-cum-lyricist. I could also source for dope hip-hop beats too. keep me posted!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      I'd love 2 be in this, but no studio equipment :( But i am moving to South Africa on the 18th, i know its easier to get a studio compared 2 where i am right now so, yea... Anyways i aint been here 2 long, can i get a link 2 the old mixtape?
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      MHPMHP
      edited November 2008
      Aiight fellas! Status Report!

Dagreen's giving free studio time to anybody who makes it to his studio for the purpose of this mixtape. So yo if u are anywhere in the east, holla at him aiight!

@ik sl!ck: Yo holmes! You stay in PH right? We gots to meet man. I got the First mixtape.

In the mean time...I'm gon try and up the beats I got. But most of all we gon' need participation cos like zero said, we dont want to waste dope beats. So hop on in fellas. We got work to do!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      last one wuz tite, period. u guyz should make another one, still bumping to the last one on my ipod.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      can sumbody please upload the last mixtape & give me a link...PLSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      MHPMHP
      edited November 2008
      [quote name="Xblaze"]last one wuz tite, period. u guyz should make another one, still bumping to the last one on my ipod.[/quote]

Word man! Word!

@aqbar: I need u on this one man.

@ik sl!ck: Send me your digits...lets connect.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      Aiiiit man. Ill pm you my digits. Dont want these ahh chicks buggin me. Lol. Big up mhp and dagreen.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      Ive sent the number man. Meanwhile, can someone post a down link for r.i.s.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited November 2008
      [quote name="ik-sl!ck"]Ive sent the number man. Meanwhile, can someone post a down link for r.i.s.[/quote]

:D thank u...lol at that digits comment though, we got chicks on here? i didnt even know :p

A double H.com Mixtape...the sequel//

quit frontin, yall internet sites aint equal//

i mean, the fact that we african alone gives us an edge//

ma flow - got pirates THEMSELVES walkin the plank, diving off the ledge// :twisted:

Jus Bored. :D
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      I'm down like my feet! Holla!

Nice one, MHP. Felt the joints on ReverbNation and I'm "horny for a beat to screw"!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      ssup folks, sequel to the first mixtape? interesting. i missed the last one, and i will realy love to be on this one. kinda new in PH dont really know any music studios around here, so where dagreen at.

@ MHP: send any beat, (love that touch of sou you always have), and gimme the topic, i'll do something with it.

lets make histrory folks.

one.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      MHPMHP
      edited December 2008
      @ therapaddict: Yo wotz up man?

I had a long conersation wit dagreen a few hours ago...and he thinks we should include cats from other forums...say the french speakin'...maybe even swahili folks. I think its a brilliant idea man. The first mixtape was called the naija chapter...so it was really restricted(no disrespect tho). But what do y'all think?
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      As i said to MH a few ago, i think if we rallied this project to all parts of ahh, we can truly achieve that "AFRICAN HIP HOP". It's going to add an interesting feel to the mixtape.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      yeah, i was thinking about that too. well mods should sticky this topic on every major subforum.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      i got a couple beats myself but as always if u dudes got beats jus pm da beat but i guess 1st things first how many emcees on board n all da other logistics,for me i'm good with da whole recording part its not a problem so keep us updated on how far
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      I second that. All interested should post on this thread or maybe pm mhp. So we know what we working with. Im already in.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      Yo! This sh*t is definitely goin' down. Thought we should have some coordination though. I vote MHP in charge of this project. We can all have our says but we need a shot caller. I placed a shout out in most of the forums in AHH and so far a Zambian Mc holla'd back.

The Movement is on...
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      [quote name="MHP"]@ therapaddict: Yo wotz up man?

I had a long conersation wit dagreen a few hours ago...and he thinks we should include cats from other forums...say the french speakin'...maybe even swahili folks. I think its a brilliant idea man. The first mixtape was called the naija chapter...so it was really restricted(no disrespect tho). But what do y'all think?[/quote]

AHHHH...I already downloaded this way back, 9ice tape, i still bump it till 2day, especially Hardcore Medley pt.1 and pt.2 :D
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      word fellow african hip hop heads.im an mc hailing from the beautiful Zimbabwe. I feel the idea you cats have bout the mixtape and i need to get on it.I dont know how we can work it though.Im a newbie on AHH but Ive been trading verses for a while now. I havent had the chance to listen to the 1st mixtape but I know that when heads get together for the love of hip hop the result is crazy.so anyways if any producer can send a beat, tell me the concept of the traq if u got 1, I'll record it this syd and send yall the product. I see myself as versatile in my spittin but i prefer the laid back concious hip hop. I look 4ward to workin with yall.

keep me posted
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      This gon be lovely, I already can tell, I still bump to the 1st one it always feels good...I'ma see if I can invite some of my holmes who can spit in swahili n' related slang (sheng)

wooord up!!
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      @ synik

Just send a pm to MHP. I think he's got beats all cooked up.
    • Vote Up0Vote Down
      edited December 2008
      I'm keen to get involved....and I might be able to hook up any kats in Harare with a spot to record. Just gotta ring around and confirm it though. Email me if you in the area and wanna link for the mixtape : [email="HashBrownDontFrown@gmail.com"]HashBrownDontFrown@gmail.com[/email]

This feels good...heard the last tape and loved it, cant wait to get at this one.

Thx for opening it up to all of us.