Zambian heads welcome

edited February 2009 in Zambian hip hop
A new subforum by special request.

Comments

• 8 Comments sorted by
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2008
    Good looking out on this one!!! More heads from Zambia will surely come through and participate...here is an introduction from wikipedia on Zambian Hip Hop:-

Zambia

Little has been known or said about Zambian Hip Hop. In previous years what has been considered Hip Hop in Zambia, has been 'local rhythms' artists using the local language..i.e nyanja and bemba. In the more recent years a new breed of emcees has risen emulating their American counterparts but with their own style. Some of the more Famous rappers in Zambia include C.R.I.$.I.$ and Conscious as well as undergound artists such as The Holstar, Al Kani. In 2007 The Hip Hop Foundation of Zambia was formed - This is a registered arts and culture organization. The organization was formed and registered under the Zambia Association of Musicians as a group member. ZAM is registered under the National Arts Council. The organization was established to provide a platform for hip hop music and culture for its various stakeholders in Zambia, as well as spearhead the development of the industry and address issues of social development and specifically those affecting young people through the use of hip hop. The Hip Hop Foundation has six main areas that it intends to implement in which are Events, Corporate Sponsorship, Artist and Content Development and Distribution, Outreach and Awareness, Strategic Partnership and Organizational Development.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited July 2008
    Yep, this is a good look! all stakeholders in zed hip hop should take advantage of this...mos def!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    CCMCCM
    edited August 2008
    Big up AHH on this...been following the website for a while so it's cool to have something catering specifically to artists like myself.
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited September 2008
    more zambian headz coming, busy recruiting! gettin word out!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2009
    The Fiend is in the building!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited January 2009
    [quote name="hiphopfiend"]The Fiend is in the building![/quote]

Welcome!
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2009
    Hey wassup A'ybody! Gud to know that zed cats are on tha grind doin' it. gud luck to everyone workin on thier projects.well, I also jus' wanna spread tha word that am in da lab workin on my up coming mixtape " Street Journalist" keep yo ears to tha ground coz it will be scorthin! 8)
  • Vote Up0Vote Down
    edited February 2009
    [quote name="Paramaunt"]Hey wassup A'ybody! Gud to know that zed cats are on tha grind doin' it. gud luck to everyone workin on thier projects.well, I also jus' wanna spread tha word that am in da lab workin on my up coming mixtape " Street Journalist" keep yo ears to tha ground coz it will be scorthin! 8)[/quote]

whats good man...welcome thru! when is your project have, who on the beats? who featuring? holla